I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

REC recoil guides
Posted by: James Scott (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 27, 2005 05:35PM

I'm looking for feedback on these guides for casting rods. I was really surprised to see how much they are charging for them $5.30 per guide. It is just a piece of twisted metal. And if I decide to go Fuji what do you recogmend for same style rod, not the best, but not low end. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: REC recoil guides
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.tx-dallas0.sa.earthlink.net)
Date: October 27, 2005 07:34PM

Hard to beat the Fuji Alconites for value and performance. You really didn't say what your fishing for and with what. The Recoil guides are nice enough guides.They are titanium memory wire and take some special conditions to make, but as you said not cheap. I'd go with single foot guides if you can on the tip no matter what you use.

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: October 27, 2005 10:23PM

G. Loomis used those guides on some of thier rods.

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Christian Brink (---.dsl.aracnet.com)
Date: October 28, 2005 12:10AM

I use REC Recoils almost exclusively. They are worth the extra money. I have never had one break and I love the performance.

Christian

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nyc.untd.com)
Date: October 28, 2005 08:54AM

Do a search of this board to find what people say about them.

Posted by: stan mclean (---.lndnnh.adelphia.n)
Date: October 28, 2005 10:43AM

i have a set on a dropshot rod and i like everything about them except the noise they make. they make a whining noise sometimes on the retreive. try a pair and let us know what you think. good luck.

Posted by: James Scott (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 02, 2005 01:09PM

Thanks guys. I will be putting them on bay rods. These rods are made to be as light as possible, to throw soft plastics and small topwaters while wadefishing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster