I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Builder / NASCAR
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 26, 2005 09:29PM

I have been commissioned to do a pair of rods for a Jeff Gordon fan. I have looked at the NASCAR Site and can make no sence out of Jeff Gordon's team colors. His jacket is red black with white trim - his shirt blue white with yellow trim and the car red,black, blue and white with the yellow number 24. Does anyone know for sure what the colors for a Jeff Gordon Fishing Rod should be?

Your help would be greatly appreciated - -

Gon

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Builder / NASCAR
Posted by: James(Doc) Labanowski (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 26, 2005 10:34PM

He is called the Rainbow warrior or he was at one time. Not to be confused with the west coast version. Most NASCAR addicts go for the numbers done in the right colors and shape. I have done several for Earnhardt fands . Good luck. Ask your customer if he would like the 24 in rainbow colors and kill two birds with one stone. I am not sure but I think the numbers and style are copyrighted. Remember I am not sure!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Mick McComesky (---.244.45.238.Dial1.StLouis1.Level3.net)
Date: October 26, 2005 10:42PM

Bill,
I'm not into NASCAR, but living where I do, it surrounds me so I know far more about it than I wish to. If it were me, I would build to the car, as that is what most fans seem to respond to. Red, black, and white, maybe a smaller amount of blue (optional) and a trace of yellow/gold trim. Maybe a yellow/gold weave of 24 in the butt area. Forget the shirt and racing suit. Try to match it to the car and you won't go wrong.

Posted by: Ed Grella (---.37.124.188.adsl.snet.net)
Date: October 26, 2005 10:52PM

He dumped the rainbow colors 4 years ago. Now his car is a beautiful metalic blue with flames on the nose. Closest color that I see would be the HT Metallic blue #9245, or regular nylon #0246, or #0245 with red and ncp yellow trim band and also in the diamond/chevron combo. I saw some cool marbleizing pic's on this site that look like flames. Maybe blue base with the marble yellow and red flames over it. You could always do a basewrap of black and white split chevrons across the axis to give the checkered flag look. Ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2005 11:05PM by Ed Grella.

Posted by: Randy Search (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: October 26, 2005 10:55PM

Bill,
I've got a signed picture of him with his car in the foreground. It's a decent picture with a great shot of his car. I'd be glad to email you a JPEG of it if you'd like. Randy.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.brick101.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 27, 2005 06:37AM

Here is a picture of the one I did a few years ago for a friends son.It was tough because I cant stand Gordon but the kid means a lot to me.

[www.fishingphotos.net]
[www.fishingphotos.net]

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2005 06:38AM by Fred Yarmolowicz.

Posted by: Jesse Buky (---.exis.net)
Date: October 27, 2005 10:10AM

Bill, Get me a 3/4" x 2" picture of Gordan,car,etc. and I can encapsulate it on a metal flake background for you. Jesse

Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: October 27, 2005 11:20AM

GEt a MAtchbox car & to a Joe Emig reel seat wiht it embedded in it. lol.

When you glue the grips, DO NOT put a butt cap on, make sure teh butt of teh blank and the grip are flush. When the customer asks what teh heck is goin gon, tell him he has the only rod ever created with an exhaust pipe.

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 27, 2005 05:23PM

Orange under, orange over...white trim might work out well...or not

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2005 07:04PM by Michael Joyce.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.brick101.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 27, 2005 07:44PM

Bill, The car is more red than orange(flames) and the blue is a medium metalic.When I did mine I used red and it looked fine.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Denny Fosburg (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: October 27, 2005 08:27PM

Billy.... you could always say that Tony Stewart got up underneath him, caught and tore the bumper...er, butt cap off on his way past!!

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 27, 2005 08:56PM

...red under, dark blue over, yellow and orange trim bands create the "rainbow"...."24" decal at the butt section flanked with marbled "flames" on both sides (customers name on the backside) Blend red and blue flocking on the grips and he'll either buy 8 more or, in a couple/few years,or have a new # ,sponser, and driver to route for!!...

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 27, 2005 09:25PM

Thanks guys! You should see all the email I am getting from NASCAR freaks telling me all about the paint schemes for the cars. Evidently Dupont makes a fortune changing the paint on the drivers cars every few years. I have learned a lot in one day due to the post on this board. A very large model industry depends on the paint changes to keep selling high dollar model cars to all the fans. I have found out that the Jeff Gordon Rainbow Warrior colors are over six years old and very very out of step with his current scheme. Evidently this is the last year for the red flame, blue metallic, yellow number 24, blue Dupont Text and white background. His new car for next year will be rolled out at Daytona and no one has been let in on the big secret of mystery colors. I guess this rod will have little or no value next year - maybe this is good for custom rod builders too!!

Thanks again!

Bill

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster