I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

TiCh single-foot fly guides
Posted by: Bryon Anderson (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: October 22, 2005 05:11PM

I am trying to find single-foot fly rod guides that have the "TiCh" coating on both the frame and the ceramic ring insert. I have looked around on the sponsors' sites and have found this combination available on spinning guides, but not single-foot fly guides. Anyone know where I might find this particular type of guide? I'm not terribly choosy on the ceramic material (although SIC would be my preference) as long as it has that lovely shiny gunsmoke color on both the frame and the ring.

Thanks,
Bryon

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: TiCh single-foot fly guides
Posted by: Tim Collins (---.sanarb01.mi.comcast.net)
Date: October 22, 2005 05:24PM

look at the Forecast LTCFCG. The frame is TiCh coated and the ring is TiCh coated zirconia. I put them on my GLX Salmon rod - they look awesome!

Posted by: Bob Crook (---.onspeed.com)
Date: October 22, 2005 05:47PM

Check out the Baston web site [www.batsonenterprises.com] and select the Model FL guides and you will find them. You can then use [www.batsonenterprises.com] to find a dealer near you.

I get all my Forecast guides from Dan Craft here in Oregon

Both are board sponsors

Bob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2005 05:53PM by Bob Crook.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.lsil.com)
Date: October 22, 2005 07:28PM

Pac Bay also make them, LCFCG if I remember right.

Posted by: David A Smith (---.direcpc.com)
Date: October 22, 2005 08:06PM

FishSticks4U has them
and yep they are a great color choice.
David A.

Posted by: Bryon Anderson (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: October 22, 2005 11:45PM

Tim, Bob, Spencer, and David,

Thanks a million guys--the Forecast guides are precisely what I was looking for! I just ordered a set and can't wait to mount them on my new steelhead/bass/carp rod. This will be my first rod with the ceramic-ring guides, so I'm looking forward to the experience. Rodbuilding.org comes through again!

Cheers, Bryon

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster