I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Inner line rods
Posted by: Michael Friddle (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: October 20, 2005 09:59PM

If weight is such a key factor in how a rod performs why do I not see more use of these rods?
As a beginner it would seem to me that this style rod would be lighter since the lack of eyes.
What's the skinny on these rods??

"The early bird gets the worm,.. but the second mouse gets the cheese!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Inner line rods
Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.brick101.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 20, 2005 10:05PM

I have a 9ft surf model and it gets build up in the tube.Eventhough they say a spinning reel will work with it they dont work to well.In theory it sounds good but in actuality I`m not impressed.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: October 20, 2005 10:05PM

Do a search on this site and you'll turn up a great deal of information on that type rod. Great in theory, somewhat less great in practice. The inside gets dirty and is hard to clean. Once you get enough grime and grit in there, performance drops dramatically. These are not bad rods by any stretch, but they are limited by the things encountered in real world fishing situations.

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 20, 2005 10:14PM

I'ne had to "repair" a couple of these "through blank" rods...so I put on guides.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an2.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: October 20, 2005 10:24PM

I always wondered how they can make a hard ring material as long as a blank put it into a graphite blank and have it flex well ?? Unless they use it in sections ? LOL

Posted by: Michael Friddle (166.82.135.---)
Date: October 21, 2005 06:34AM

Thanks all!!

"The early bird gets the worm,.. but the second mouse gets the cheese!"

Posted by: Ralph D. Jones (---.bhm.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 23, 2005 01:31PM

The one I saw has a spiral ridge running the length of the inside to reduce friction. It worked fine for the first half of the day, then performance fell off as the rod collected dirt inside. When Barney & I got back he put the rod in the back of the closet and I think it's still there, years later. Ralph.

If at first you don't succeed, go fishing, then try, try again.

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.rn.hr.cox.net)
Date: October 23, 2005 09:24PM

One of the best presentations for the interlines are heavy and long rigged baits/lures.

I have two Daiwa Interlines and they are very nice for Carolina rigging! No guides to tangle on and you can wrap the rig around the pole and store it very easily and return it to use fast with no obstructions.

I personally liked the rods and the design of them. They aren't something I'd go fish the "muck" with, or heavy weeded areas, but for open water, trolling, and heavy/long rigs, they do a fine job.

DR

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nyc.untd.com)
Date: October 24, 2005 08:10AM

But you still need the guided rod for the muck ??

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.rn.hr.cox.net)
Date: October 24, 2005 12:54PM

Bill,

I'm just saying that they are useable.

DR

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster