I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Need help finding a certain guide
Posted by: Steve Buchanan (---.ellijay.com)
Date: October 01, 2005 11:38PM

I am repairing a Bass Pro Shops Pro Series MegaCast IM6 Spinning rod. It has one missing guide. the owner wants me to find and replace it. The problem is....these guides have extremely long legs on them. I have never seen such long-legged guides...I ordered a Fuji Hardloy for it because it looked more like it than anything I could find....It was nowhere near as tall....Anyone familiar with these guides and who might have them? Thanks in advance...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2005 11:39PM by Steve Buchanan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need help finding a certain guide
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.il-chicago0.sa.earthlink.net)
Date: October 02, 2005 12:44AM

Steve if the rods been around a while it may be a "M" match guide. Sevier, Pac Bay, Rainshadow/Forecast still make them. If they have gold frames Sevier may be your only choice, Neal's carries them in his catalog in the Tiger Eye components. The rest are easy to find on their sites.

Posted by: Roger Templon (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 02, 2005 07:50PM

Steve

I just compared the guides on my old BPS IM6 mega cast spinning rod to a set of unused Pac Bay "model M" guides that I have. They are the same guides. 2004 Pac Bay catalog, bottom of page 21 (don't know what page if newer catalog). I think I bought this set at Versitex a couple of years ago. If you have a hard time finding any e-mail me. The set I have (gold frames - hialoy rings) are not being used.

Rog

Posted by: Steve Buchanan (---.ellijay.com)
Date: October 02, 2005 10:36PM

Thanks guys.....I looked it up once I knew (thanks to you) what they were.....That's what they are all right.....Pac Bay model "M" I ordered the #10 guide I needed from Neal's...thanks again...... I love this forum....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster