I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Global Rods - on display in Charlotte
Posted by: Billy Vivona (4.43.114.---)
Date: September 30, 2005 09:21AM

A few months back Mike Joyce had a great idea - build a rod in which a few rodbuilders build a rod which will have each piece built by a different Rodbuilder, then passed on to the next - a GLOBAL ROD. The response was great, and we had enough builders to make 2 rods. Components were supplied by Batson Enterprises, mucho thanks to them for hooking us up. There is a Steelhead rod, and a Light Saltwater rod, both will be on display in Charlotte.

Both of these rods will be on sale in some type of @#$%&, we haven't decided exactly how to proceed with that at this point, but we do know ALL proceeds will be donated to some charity/organization - something to do with Children & fishing type of programs - we haven't ironed that out at this point.

Builders who are participating in this project: Steelhead Rod: Ray Jorgenson, Mark Crouse, David Boyle, Jim Upton - please add the names of those who I have left out. Saltwater Rod - Andy Dear, Mike McGiveney, Doc Ski, Mike Joyce, Billy Vivona, hopefully there will be enough time for Dennis Papirke & Putter to get some work done on this as well.

[www.rodbuilding.org]
[www.rodbuilding.org]
[www.rodbuilding.org]
[www.rodbuilding.org]
[www.rodbuilding.org]
[www.rodbuilding.org]
[www.rodbuilding.org]
[www.rodbuilding.org]
[www.rodbuilding.org]
[www.rodbuilding.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2005 09:22AM by Billy Vivona.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Global Rods - on display in Charlotte
Posted by: Billy Vivona (4.43.114.---)
Date: September 30, 2005 09:24AM

If I missed any names, or am off on the details, please correct me. I'm really sorry if something I posted was incorrect &/or I left someone out.

Posted by: Jim Upton (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: September 30, 2005 10:22AM

Hiro Tanaka will be doing the guide wraps on the Steelhead rod.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: September 30, 2005 11:10AM

One aspect of the National Show that will be better than ever this year, is the number of custom rods on display. For builders who want to see the work of their peers, there is no other place where you'll be able to see this many custom rods. The NERBS booth will likely be filled to the brim with custom rods, plus we've got more rod builders than ever in booth spaces this year. Mark Crouse, Sammy Mickel, Lance Dupree and Lynn Huffman have all bought space and will have rods there to sell and display. More are sure to be added as we go along.

We're working on a place for other builders to display rods. I may try and offer free admission tickets to those who bring rods for the display. I'll keep you informed as we get closer to show time.

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 30, 2005 03:16PM

Thanks for posting Billy...even more thanks to Mark Crouse for posting the pictures of the steelhead "Global Rod" in progress. It looks like Ray, Dave, and Mark really got together on this one! Looks great...off to the west coast it goes!!, then Japan.

I'm pretty sure John Dow will be adding some touches to the saltwater rod when it heads this way. last I heard the saltwater 2pc Rainshadow is in New Jersey, after a breif stay in Texas.

Special thanks goes out to all that are builders involved in volunteering there time and craftmenship to this, and thanks to Bill Batson at Batson Enterprises for helping out with components and Rainshadow blanks.

Posted by: Gerry Rhoades (209.200.194.---)
Date: September 30, 2005 03:18PM

That is a truly spectacular piece of work. You should all pat yourselves on the back for about a week.

Posted by: Doug Moore (---.dfw.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: September 30, 2005 04:12PM

Simply outstanding! Thanks for posting Billy.

Regards......Doug@
TCRds

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster