I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Yellow marbelizing project on a black blank...ideas
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.emrsn.com)
Date: September 21, 2005 11:30AM

Fellow rod builders:

On a black spinning blank, double foot guides will be wrapped with yellow nylon over white NCP, narrow sunburst trim bands, and finished w/o CP for a translucency effect.

What marble colors/effects would look good for the space between the guides
Right now only two options come to my mind, and I request some help with others.

•black base and toothpick dabs of yellow
•yellow base with dabs of black

Thanks in advance
Ricardo Font
Puerto Rico Rods

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Yellow marbelizing project on a black blank...ideas
Posted by: Gerry Rhoades (209.200.194.---)
Date: September 21, 2005 01:30PM

Are you planning to marble the entire space between all the guides? If so, you will be adding a considerable amount of weight to the rod, especially in the tip area. Or do you mean just the aread between the guide feet? This would certainly be a better option.

If you want to know which looks better, try both on a scrap blank and see what they look like.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: September 21, 2005 02:20PM

Ricardo,

You post will probably disappear shortley as a first and last name is required on all posts. You might want to repost using your full name

Mike

Date: September 21, 2005 02:20PM

Ricardo,

You post will probably disappear shortly as a first and last name is required on all posts. You might want to repost using your full name

Mike

Posted by: Anonymous User (211.27.129.---)
Date: September 22, 2005 06:02AM

Hey Mike there seems to be an echo.

Date: September 22, 2005 10:54AM

Myles, That's not an echo, it's my wife :)

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: September 22, 2005 11:55AM

If the space is narrow, orange base with brown swirled in.
If the space is wider (larger guides), brown base with orange swirled in might look OK.

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Ricardo Font (---.emrsn.com)
Date: September 23, 2005 01:22PM

Guys,
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I was out for a couple of days and could not respond to your questions quicker.
The space between guides is ample, weight is not a consideration (although I am aware about the added weight with the marble technique) since the rod will be used from a boat and jigged pivoting on a hip pad instead of using pure wrist load. I like Randy's suggestions and will do as Gerry recommends on a scrap piece of blank.
I appreciate your responses,
Ricardo Font
Puerto Rico Rods

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster