I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Supporting RBO
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.3.92.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: September 19, 2005 08:50AM

That's still searching and a lot of people do it that way.
What is the internet search for then ???
Mud Hole and Cabela's are the main ones that I always see.
The people that build and don't come here, have to find there supplies some how.

If I am looking for a certain part, I will do a search and look for the sponcers that are on this site, but don't see many, then come back here and ask.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2005 09:02AM by bill boettcher.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: September 19, 2005 10:23AM

I haven't counted lately, but I think there are over 60 sponsors listed to the left. It would be rare that one of them wouldn't have a particular item. I do recognize that some tools or associate oddball items are not carried by the sponsors.

Usually when someone talks about doing a search for past information, they're talking about a search of this board's archives, which Google isn't set up to do. If that's not what you're talking about, I apologize. I'm taking a guess here as to what your search needs are.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.162.218.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: September 19, 2005 10:56AM

I was just saying that I was suprised not to see more sponcers on the search pages ??

Posted by: eric zamora (---.246.138.57.Dial1.SanJose1.Level3.net)
Date: September 19, 2005 11:23AM

bill,

i think this may be going off on a tangent here and i shudder to bring it up but to address something you addressed, and no disrespect intended, simply a helpful suggestion... i think one thing people should try to do when searching through google is to carefully select the search words. instead of fishing rod supplies (which probably leaves out the building components), something more accurate would be "rod building supplies" or components. when i did a search using those terms, i came up with many more vendors listed as rodbuilding.org sponsors. also, instead of using the default 10 item listing, move the options at google to 20 or even 30.

as for "addressing" the lack of sponsors shown at google, unless they become a sponsor and pay extra (see the blue highlighted listings at the top of a google search or along the right side) google's searches are governed by the popularity of other users conducting searches through google (or something like that), not google the company's input. it's one of the advantages of a google search. in my case, i have bookmarked the vendors i often use and go directly ot their sites when i'm shopping for more supplies. whenever possible, i simply mention the fact that i am visiting them via reference from rodbuilding.org.

eric
fresno, ca.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an3.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: September 19, 2005 11:34AM

I was only using google cause I am using a different browser Firefox and that was there. I also noticed it on yahoo . The best and most hit keyword is just " fishing " I play with a keyword selector
[inventory.overture.com]

Your right, more do come up with componients then supplies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2005 11:55AM by bill boettcher.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (4.43.114.---)
Date: September 19, 2005 12:49PM

You guys building Hot Rod cars?

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an1.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: September 19, 2005 03:58PM

Ya Got a '32 - 5 window coupe. With a fishin rod out the back window

Posted by: Richard Kuhne (66.98.131.---)
Date: September 21, 2005 08:56AM

I have gone a bit further and now limit my purchases not just to sponsors here, but to those sponsors who also advertise in Rodmaker. I feel that the magazine is the foundation for this site and the information it provides provides trickles down to this and other rod building sites. Without which none would be as good as they are.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster