I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Supporting RBO
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: September 13, 2005 09:40AM

With regard to the thread Cliff Hall started yesterday, many of you have emailed and offered to send contributions to me for the operation of this site. As I said yesterday, I won't accept such contributions. I appreciate them, but I won't accept them. Nor do I plan to charge any sort of fee to access this forum or any of its related features.

If you want to support this site, the very best way to do that is to buy all your rod building blanks, components, supplies, etc., from those companies who sponsor this site. If more money is needed, I can get it from the sponsors, provided they feel that their sponsorship money is returned to them many times over in sales made to the users of this site.

One hand feeds the other - When you buy from the companies who sponsor this site, you are indirectly supporting this site. Just something to keep in mind.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Supporting RBO
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: September 13, 2005 10:34AM

As long as what I want is available from a sponsor, I prefer to use them, as we all should!!!

Mike

Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: September 13, 2005 11:55AM

Amen and Aye-aye, Captain Kirkman - Patronizing the Sponsors of RBO will be the way to go to keep the thing (the RBO website) we say we want. That's the course you've plotted out for the foreseeable future, and that's the float plan we will file and follow. ... Thanks, Tom, for addressing and re-directing our enthusiasm in a timely fashion, so we can channel our energy into patronizing the Sponsors, and not into bombarding you with our laurels. ... Over, -Cliff Hall+++

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2005 12:00PM by Cliff Hall.

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 13, 2005 11:59AM

Thinking about what Tom and Mike just posted, got me thinking about something and I thought I'd pass it on. Tom is right we should be using the sponsors of this site regardless of what we need. Think of it this way: You may be able to get something cheaper somewhere else, but think about it, every penny you spend supporting the sponsors comes back to you in keeping this site going!! What would we do without it? Without!, or start over?

Bill in WV

Posted by: Dan Hogan (---.lsanca54.dynamic.covad.net)
Date: September 13, 2005 12:03PM

Ok. I cleaned out my favorites list so that when I want to buy some thing I use the RBO sponsers list.
Sure saved alot of favorites space.

Dan Hogan

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: September 13, 2005 12:06PM

I think you'll find most of the sponsors here to be more than competitive on prices and considering the vast number of companies listed here. you can usually find what what you're looking for without having to go elsewhere. Usually.

Posted by: Shawn Moore (85.195.119.---)
Date: September 13, 2005 12:23PM

Great idea and the right idea at that. While "another" site continually tries to figure out a way to get more money out of their sponsors, You guys and Tom are thinking about sending more business and money TO the sponsors. No wonder this site works as well as it does.

Posted by: Andy Dear (---.stic.net)
Date: September 13, 2005 01:41PM

Mike,
You said "As long as what I want is available from a sponsor, I prefer to use them"

Even if it's not....call one of us, and we'll locate it for you.

ANdy Dear
Lamar MAnf.

Posted by: Rick Wilson (---.bms.com)
Date: September 13, 2005 01:43PM

I'd be hard pressed to think of any supplies or materials that I haven't bought from your sponsors.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: September 13, 2005 01:55PM

Andy,

I was referring to things like pigments, tools, things like that! Things outside of the usual rodbuilding stuff

Mike

Posted by: Robert Borgsmiller (---.houston.res.rr.com)
Date: September 13, 2005 11:54PM

To all sponsors reading this, I found this forum through a link from a sponsor and went back through a sponsor to make my purchase. People here were too helpful for me to not have some sort of sense of integrity in their advice. The sponsors were highly recommended and my expieriences have been excellent. It's all too easy to be penny wise and pound foolish.

Posted by: Mike Williams (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 14, 2005 08:16AM

There are clubs that would try to hijack and control and sell every tidbit of information. Places like here at RBO are too valuable to lose. I also support the sponsors by first choice whenever I need something.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster