I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

sabre blank search
Posted by: bill whiles (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 06, 2005 05:53PM

OK this is a tough one I'M looking for a special blank that is quite old and rare the blank I seek is an "original" sabre IGSU1088 in the plum color ....I know that this could be a fruitless search but I would be very thankful for any information leading to this blank I seek...I'M hoping that there is atleast one left in the world and i know it would be a blessing from the rod god's to find such an old beauty. also i should say that the 1087 and the and a 1209 would work well for me too....again in the plum color....THANK YOU all for any help in advance...........tight wraps.........bill.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sabre blank search
Posted by: Ken Finch (---.int.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 06, 2005 06:11PM

Bill if you will put this up in the buy/sell page you might do better. There is no charge. Hit the little black button up above the forum.

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 06, 2005 06:19PM

Holy Bill Whiles !!!!! Don't tell me you broke the 1088 !!!... wish I had one for you ...Just want to add that its a Pac Bay IGSU1088 in plum, they marketed it as a Sabre that year.

Is the cork and checkerboard grip still intact?

May the "rod god"smile on your quest.....

Mike

Posted by: Chuck McIntyre (---.hlrn.qwest.net)
Date: September 06, 2005 06:38PM

Bill,
An "original" Sabre? As in California Tackle Co. in Gardena? To the best of my knowledge,they never made a "plum" colored blank. Chocolate,yes but I never saw a plum colored model in many years of selling them in retail stores and building them. The IGSU doesn't ring any bells either. That seems to denote a graphite surf blank and as best I know,they didn't do any graphite surf rods or blanks. Perhaps it was a different manufacturer? Several companies did aquire the mandrels from Cal. Tackle when they went out of business. I am not saying I don't believe you or even that I know it all. Just that I have never heard of it in the way you present it,ie: "original" Sabre. At any rate,I wish you alot of luck. I will try to find out what I can from some old catalogs. If you want to go to the effort,you could try contacting Seeker and Pac Bay as they did aquire the old mandrels. Another thought is that they may have been a one time run for promotional purposes,making the likelihood of finding one that much harder.
Best wishes,
Chuck

Sorry Bill,
I type pretty slow and see you got the correct manufacturer info anyway. :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2005 06:50PM by Chuck McIntyre.

Posted by: bill whiles (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 07, 2005 05:07PM

Great info guy's helped me a ton..Thank you all for the quick and honest answers. I guess I had it wrong thinking sabre had a plum color at one time. See I learned somthing today .!!!!! MIKE..... whats up kidd? How is the world treating you man!! No broken rods here Mike and bite your toung don't want any bad mojo. So pac bay you say!!!!! That will help big time .Now Im on track to finding such a sweet blank and I bet there is a few laying round in some shed out there! Just a matter of time and I will find one to twist up. The Arra with the checkerboard is collecting dust and dose not see that much use. The grip is as sweet as ever, I just cant get away from that sweet lil plum honey that craig passed on. The thing is just perfect but I need a lil more to toss some four ounce needels . thanks again for all the info......bill

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 07, 2005 09:32PM

They were also marketed under a "private label" deal, (no tags, IGSU1088 scratched into the very end of the rod). If that helps any. (...custom machined/milled solid titanium tip top frames with a gold cermet # 12 insert......PRICELESS!!!)

Good luck in your quest...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster