I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Married the Right Woman
Posted by: Dan Hogan (---.lsanca54.dynamic.covad.net)
Date: September 06, 2005 01:55PM

I spent the last week making modifications N0.s 7 and 8 to my home made wrapper. Then all Memorial day trying to power it with an old sewing macine motor and pedal.

This morning the wife hands me a check for $500.00 and says, "Buy a wrapper".

Just finished ordering the Renzetti. : ^ )

Dan Hogan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Married the Right Woman
Posted by: Billy Vivona (4.43.114.---)
Date: September 06, 2005 02:28PM

You took it? Uh, oh, you're in for a lot of trouble now. That $500 is going to haunt you forever, and it will end up costing you $10K's worth of shoes, diamonds, dinners, and etc's.

Honey, can you buy me those $200 shoes? Uh, no dear, you already have 24 pairs. Buy honey, remember I bought you that metal thingy that makes fishing rods.

2 months later
Honey, can we go out to eat at "The Expensive Palace"? Uh, dear, what' swrong with Sloppy Joes Diner? Well, I was figuring since I bought you that machine to rest all your work clothes on, we'd go out ot teh nice place tonight. Another $250 in the toilet.

6 months pass
Oh Honey, can you get me those flawless 2 Karat diamond earings? They are so gorgeous. Well dear, I really don't have $5000 to spend on earings, I've been busy wasting all my money on blanks, guides, and cork for that darn $500 machine you bought me which I never get to use because you got me washing dishes, doing laundry & picking the kids up from school during my smoke break at work, I hate that darn thing. I cannot afford those diamond earrings, but after I sell my fancy Renzetti at a steep discount to Billy Vivona, I'll be able to get you that $250 movado watch.

lol.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (4.43.114.---)
Date: September 06, 2005 02:29PM

Bet you weren't expecting that as the first response, huh? lol.

Posted by: Dan Hogan (---.lsanca54.dynamic.covad.net)
Date: September 06, 2005 03:28PM

Well, I'll see, but I married her 51 years ago and it hasn't been a hassle . Besides she has an independent income ; ^ )

Dan Hogan

Posted by: Jason Pritchard (204.86.38.---)
Date: September 06, 2005 03:41PM

LOL Billy- that was pretty dang funny. Sounds like in a few months she needs to get you a supply of blanks and components to match that new "metal thingy that makes fishing rods."

Re: Count your blessings!
Posted by: Chuck McIntyre (---.hlrn.qwest.net)
Date: September 06, 2005 03:43PM

Dan,
I say that you are a verrrrry lucky man to have such a wife. I am sure there are others that will echo that thought. I suppose I can thank my lucky stars the ex didnt want what meant so much to me,or be forced into selling it for her benefit. She got hers and she will get it again in the great beyond. LOL
On the upside,you get your shiny treasure and she gets peace of mind knowing where you are and what you are doing. Be sure you take her to the BIG dance in Charlotte and give her her fair due to shop with. After all,you will need yours there too. In the end,she will know what you spent it on and why. She will be able to sit back n relax n read her Cosmo's n feel secure in watching you busy at work on all your "projects." She must be very secure to begin with and you obviously can as well. I won't take a negative tack here because its your lucky day and who am I to rain on your parade. God Bless your wife and you with many hours of fun and enjoyment as a benefit from your new "treasure." Be sure to take her fishing with a surprise project you made "just for her". The couple that fishes together...........

Billy.........Too funny man! I know it was all tongue in cheek fun. Thank you for some serious laffs.....I needed them!

Best wishes all,
Chuck

Posted by: Dave Barrett (138.239.78.---)
Date: September 06, 2005 04:11PM

Billy we aren't projecting are we? Are you sure that you're not the one hand washing the laundry?

Damn that was funny! Kuddo's to you Billy!

Dave

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.riogrd01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: September 06, 2005 05:18PM

Standing Ovation!!!!!! The Crowd ROARS!!!!!
Outstanding Billy, Needed a Good laugh Today!
My "Right" Woman went home today to go back to Work ,after spending the Summer with me
Thanx !

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 06, 2005 06:20PM

Dave, Dave, Dave - I don't have to go through all that to have to be teh dishwasher/laundry man in the household - my wife has been training to become an Amatuer Boxer, she is on track to be i teh NY Golden Gloves come Feb 2006. She doesn't have to trick me to get me to do things for her, just threaten me, lol.

Glad you guys got a good laugh out of that, I couldn't resist.

Posted by: Rob Grider (---.client.insightBB.com)
Date: September 06, 2005 06:47PM

Billy V.
too funny but too true, LMAO

Posted by: DON DANFORTH (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 06, 2005 08:37PM

iam very lucky my wife loves fishing and she is into rod building in a big way i build her a pole and i get to build one for my self she would rather go fishing than go to dinner always look for reels and tackle
iam very lucky she is a keeperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
the only hiney dos i have to do is taker her fishing

Posted by: Harv Gorton (---.penn.com)
Date: September 06, 2005 11:13PM

After being married twice....I don't condone wife beating...but I DO understand it !

I'll keep doing it( getting married) 'till I get the right one >:}

Ha..just kidding..I REFUSE to buy this house...AGAIN !!!!!

Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: September 06, 2005 11:50PM

Women today could learn a lot from a woman like Mrs. Dan Hogan:

"EVERY WISE woman BUILDS her house, but the foolish one tears it down with her own hands." (Proverbs 14:1) ... Of course, King Solomon was talking about ROD-building !

Billy Vivona - EASILY the funniest post of all-time, IMO.
Thanks, BV. ... LOL, -Cliff Hall+++

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.rb2.gh.centurytel.net)
Date: September 07, 2005 02:51AM

A few years back I took my new wife Karen to her firdt rod building show. This is where sh was like a child at a candy store. I broght just a few things maybe 100 dollars worth. I went out to tak the stuff to my motor home to put it away. while doing this one of the other builders stoped by and said I needed to buy a trailer. I asked why and he said Karen had just sent well overa 1000 bucks plus she bought a new power wrapper. From that day on she buys all my rod toys
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: September 07, 2005 02:58AM

Wow Bob,

Does she have a sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Posted by: Bob Turpen (---.nas4.atlanta2.ga.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: September 07, 2005 08:50AM

Dan. . . I have "wife envy," YOU ARE A VERY LUCKY MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Turpen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster