I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Directory reminder
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: August 19, 2005 11:11AM

The rod builders directory here now includes between 500 and 600 rod builders. It's free and anyone can be listed (you have to send me your info via email).

But I do want to remind everything that it's not for business listings and you should not expect to receive any custom rod business from it - it's not advertised to the general fishing public (tackleworks.org is for business listings and is advertised to the general fishing public, but there is a fee to be listed there).

The directory is mainly for use by rod builders wanting to find and contact other builders in their local areas. It's never a bad thing to know who else around you is building rods and to get to know them. You can get a lot of help in a pinch from other local builders.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Directory reminder
Posted by: John Ridderbos (---.dslglue.ctsmail.net)
Date: August 19, 2005 11:20AM

Thanks Tom, I have never checked out the directory. I will now, it would be nice to see if anyone locally is listed.

john

Date: August 19, 2005 11:28AM

I should also mention that you can list as much or as little information as you want.

As far as spam to those listed goes, people can email you (if you provide an email address) but it goes through the system - they never see your email address so they cannot collect it for later use unless you reply to it. So if you are contacted by someone sending you spam, if you do not reply they will not have your email address. We set it up that way for that exact purpose - so no one could mine email addresses from it.

Posted by: Skip James (---.ct.charter.com)
Date: August 19, 2005 04:42PM

Tom, I have entered my info on the email submission twice now. Once a few months back & again a couple of days ago. It hasn't appeared on the list yet. Do I need to do something different?

Thanks,

Skip

Posted by: Pavel Novolokin (---.pppoe.mtu-net.ru)
Date: August 19, 2005 04:58PM

Tom,

Although saw the topic "Outside North America" in the directory, yet didn't find any listings... Nobody wants? Not good... Will try to be the first one :)

Just emailed you my info

Pavel,
Moscow, RU

Date: August 19, 2005 08:14PM

I try to get to these as fast as I can. With everything else I have to do, it sometimes takes a me a week or so to get them listed. Skip, I believe I got your information today.

Posted by: Pavel Novolokin (---.pppoe.mtu-net.ru)
Date: August 20, 2005 02:58AM

Thank you, Tom

Pavel,
Moscow, RU

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster