I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Helpful Hint?
Posted by: James(Doc) Labanowski (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 18, 2005 07:24PM

Personally I would like to outlaw the use of white and yellow thread for anything but accent and highlighting but that probably wont happen. Those of you who have had to use these colors know of the problems they can pose. NCP especially seems to be a dirt and dust magnet capable of drawing imperfections from miles away.

A recent large order requiring underwraps of 209 NCP "A" Gudebrod forced me to search out a way to keep my grimey mitts clean without having to run to the bathroom every wrap to keep my hands clean. A can of Glass Wipes (alcohol based) provided the help I was looking for. I pull a wipe out of the convenient dispenser and clean my grubby mitts every wrap. Put it in a plastic container(tupper ware) close the lid and change wipes every rod or every other rod. That way I can scratch my nose or run my hands through my non existant hair and just wipe them off before starting the next wrap. I am also experimenting with huggies wipes but a little worried about the glycerine but so far the Cp goes on fine. It is a way to keep from washing your hands every 5 to 10 minutes. So far no side effects to report like loss of libido.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Helpful Hint?
Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: August 18, 2005 07:29PM

What's libido?

Ya gotta quit sweatin' bullets while building, Doc!!

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Mick McComesky (---.244.30.37.Dial1.StLouis1.Level3.net)
Date: August 18, 2005 08:25PM

Cool tip Doc. I usually use a shot glass filled with alcohol to dip my fingers in every so often, keeping it next to the other shot glass filled with alcohol I use to dip my tongue in every so often.

Never thought to use the wipes. They would be a bit handier I think!

Posted by: Robert crabtree (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 18, 2005 08:57PM

gotta watch that mick you might get the two mixed up i tend to keep one on the right and one on the left lol.......

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: August 18, 2005 09:21PM

I too was affraid to use the baby wipes for the same reason.
Didn't think of the alcohol wipes! Used a cloth dampened
with 409 then one with water.

Thanks Doc! Will get some!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Michael E Tanner (---.nyc.untd.com)
Date: August 18, 2005 10:13PM

thanks Doc,
I was still running to the bathroom.
Mike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster