I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Where do I get them ???
Posted by: Billy Vivona (4.43.114.---)
Date: August 16, 2005 03:21PM

Jason, why would Billy be the name for the upside down spinning reel guys? That's not very nice, lol.

no idea where it started, I never heard it until the Internet. Out in Montauk, the alleged Striped bass Capitol of teh World, they call all non-locals Tourons (a cross between a Tourist, and a Moron), and they treat them like 3rd class citizens. Not just upside down spinning guys, most people who do not live there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jason Pritchard (204.86.38.---)
Date: August 16, 2005 03:52PM

I guess they have more talent than me because I have actually seen them catch many fish like that. Shame to admit, but they out fish me usually. It's a kick to watch someone cast the thing with the reel down then flip er' over and start reeling backwards.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (4.43.114.---)
Date: August 16, 2005 04:01PM

I guess that would be a lot like casting the reel out with your right hand, then switching hands to hold the rod with your left & reel with your right. Why not cast with your right, reel with your left, or vice versa? Instead, I get laughed at for using left handed conventional reels, when it makes more sense than what 99% of the fishing world does (imo, and that's the only opinion that counts, lol) .

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: August 16, 2005 05:56PM

Me, too, Billy. Cast right, reel left with all of my rods; spinning or conventional bait cast.

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: August 16, 2005 06:32PM

I'm with Billy & Putter The only conventional reels that I have are left handed (Just wish the made more models in Lefty) I never quite understood the logic of casting and then moving everything to the other hand to retrieve, although I have a right handed friend who set his spinning reels for left handed use and switches hands. Go Figure!!!!.

Mike

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.153.184.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: August 16, 2005 08:09PM

Wow guys
I never knew that so many people flip there rods over and then used them - the wrong way IMHO -

Seems some people are built up side down

maybe the next time I will cast my spinner ---then stand on my head ? Think that'll work ?? LOL
Wonder if they fish that way in the Bass Classic

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.brick101.nj.comcast.net)
Date: August 16, 2005 09:10PM

Bill,Sounds like you need to let him use a spiral wrapped rod and that may change his ways.He is right in holding the guides to the water for stability.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.brick101.nj.comcast.net)
Date: August 16, 2005 09:14PM

i`m lucky.I`m left handed and use a right handed reel so my choices are endless.For once the lefty wins out!!!!

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: August 16, 2005 09:41PM

Bill,
Maybe a spin/cast reel with the lever and not a button would
work the best for your client. Hangs down like a spinning reel
and rod can be built with casting guides.

Just a thought,

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Date: August 16, 2005 09:47PM

Ok Ok, he is going for a coventional casting rod --- with a cork pistol grip.

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: August 16, 2005 09:51PM

If he uses a pistol grip upside down then
he must have some skills LOL!!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Date: August 16, 2005 09:56PM

You guys are laughing at me --I'm taking my fishing rod and going home --Boo Hoo LOL

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster