I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Decal ALPS MD1000 Question
Posted by: Naoki Mizusawa (---.232.198.140.Dial1.LosAngeles1.Level3.net)
Date: August 09, 2005 05:33PM

Hi,

I have ALPS MD1000 Printer and Water slide decal paper
from DECAL CONNECTION.
I want to make nice looking my own logo.
IF anyone who has same printer as mine,
I hope i will get an answear.

When you print letter or logo on a waterslide paper,
what media do you choose on your printer setting
on PC?
Do you choose something like "photographic" or else?
I don't think there are such as "waterslide paper"on category

How do you save un-printed portion if you only made
a few logo or letter at time?

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thank you

Naoki Mizusawa

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Decal ALPS MD1000 Question
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.a.001.brs.iprimus.net.au)
Date: August 09, 2005 07:35PM

Naoki, choose carboard, and increase your quality as high as you can. I use the XP driver which allows me to at least do 1200x1200 resolution, if I remember correctly, if you have a lower resolution the decal can appear dotty (if that's a word) and the edges not clear lines.

Putter has a trick to using the same sheet over and over by cutting out printed decal and then filling in the void, I'm sure he will chime in on this thread.
I always print at the bottom and cut right across the paper with a guillotine giving a clean straight and square edge, when I go to print my next decal, on the document I come up a bit that I have used from the bottom, then print it the printer doesn't know the rest of the piece of paper isn't there.

Hope this helps.

Posted by: Naoki Mizusawa (---.dsl.irvnca.pacbell.net)
Date: August 09, 2005 08:33PM

Thank you Mr.Myles,

Yes I will tyr that same trick as you suggest.
I use mine with W2K driver on my old desk top PC(very slow).
How did you get XP driver?Did you make your MD1000 USB interface?
or you have MD 5000?

What do you think is best software for making lettering and simple logo?
Microsoft Word is good enough?

Naoki Mizusawa
Los Angeles,USA

Posted by: Anonymous User (202.138.16.---)
Date: August 09, 2005 08:54PM

Naoki,
I think the W2k driver is the same as the XP one, also from my understanding it is the driver for the MD5000 but is universal anyway. No I still currently run my ALPs on my old desktop, but I'm just about to buy a usb cable interface, I think they are around $30 AUD, any good computer supply shop should have one.

I have Corel draw 11 but I still don't really know how to use it, Another trick I learned from Putter was to use a suitable word label doc. you know the ones you print Avery labels with. I use a bit of everything to set up my decals photoshop elements 2, powerpoint, word etc. I just keep playing until I get it right, do a few test prints in the normal printer before running it through the ALPS.

Posted by: Naoki Mizusawa (---.dsl.irvnca.pacbell.net)
Date: August 10, 2005 06:00PM

Hello,Myles

Thanks for your help.Last night I tried to print out on waterslide paper
according to your instruction,then the result was very impressive.
I actually used excel sheet and it was easy to use except I forgot to erase
an excess margin at page setting.

Thank you very much.

Naoki Mizusawa

Posted by: Al Johnson (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 11, 2005 03:59PM

Which water slide paper are you guys using? I had the white kind and I have to cut around the logo so the white wouldnt show on the black blank. I tried clear but once you put it in water and remove it from the paper the image fades becuase I need the white behind it. Also does anyone know how long these will last?

Posted by: Doug (---.houston.res.rr.com)
Date: August 11, 2005 07:24PM

where can I get the decal "paper"
Thx

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: August 11, 2005 08:17PM

Al, if you have an Alps, print in the metallics. They'll show on any background. Other printers (inkjets, etc.) will fade over time!!

Waterslide decal paper from Jimi at Decal Connection, a sponsor on the left, Doug.

Putter
Williston, ND

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster