I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Need some blank suggestions
Posted by: steve parks (---.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 08, 2005 10:28PM

I'm needing to build a 7 foot spinning rod. The guy wants it, as he says, "a little whippy on the end". So, I'm thinking a moderate or mod/fast action but with some back bone. I need one around 8-15lb test and about a size 5 tip with a clear gloss graphite finish or gloss black finish. I'v been doing a lot of looking and have looked at so many blanks that I'm getting lost in them. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Steve

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need some blank suggestions
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 08, 2005 10:56PM

GUSA 702.

lol

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: August 09, 2005 12:28AM

Try Shikari or the Rainshadow blanks.
I've built several of the Shikari 1 piece and my clients have loved them!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Doug Moore (---.dfw.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: August 09, 2005 08:40AM

You might check out ATC's Matrix AMP844 8-17lb #5 TT Med Pwr. Just finishing one up and they are a beautiful blank.

Regards......Doug@
TCRds

Posted by: Bret Rahe (---.com)
Date: August 09, 2005 12:41PM

Add G.Loomis P845 GL2 (Granite) popping rod to the list. Mod-fast, MH, 10-17lb test, 1/4 - 3/4 oz lure wt. Great for redfish and trout in coastal flats.

Bret

Help, which blank do you recommend for trolling for Trout
Posted by: Nacho garibay (204.128.192.---)
Date: August 09, 2005 01:07PM

Hi All,

Need your suggestions for building two rods to troll for Trout on Lake Michican. This is a surprize for my girlfriends dad and brother, both who I have not met. Heck, I do not even know the size of the fish up there nor the line they use. So, I hoping one of you rodbuilders does this kind of fishing. I could not even tell you if they use downriggers or spinning reels, which could be a problem.

Any suggestion on which blank, guides, reel seat, and handle to use would be very helpful for trolling for trout on those big lakes in central United Stated. No need to ask me any questions, I have no idea.

I will take all suggestion and summarize them and build two TROUT TROLLING RODS, I think.

Thanks all for any suggetions.

Posted by: steve parks (65.214.202.---)
Date: August 09, 2005 03:39PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2005 03:40PM by Steve Parks.

Posted by: Michael E Tanner (63.96.87.---)
Date: August 12, 2005 12:45PM

Nacho,
You need to start a new tread on this question.
Really your first questions should be with the persons you are building for.
What if they have a specific handle style they Like but can't find?
Maybe a color scheme that they truly would have preferred.
You really can't build a custom rod for someone without talking to them.
It was suggested on this sight once that if someone wanted to buy a custom rod for someone for a gift the best thing you can
give them is a gift certificate for X amount of dollars toward a custom rod.They may have any combination of preferred ad-ons.
It's a lot of work and time for a CAST in The Dark.
Mike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster