I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

War Of The Flys - Jesse Buky Entry
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 07, 2005 05:23PM

A few days ago a fellow posted a thread about a gnat getting in his finish that caused me to challenge Jesse to a War of the Flys. My mentor, Lance Dupree warned me to let a sleeping dog lie and not to arouse Jesse. I could not resist and proceeded to challenge him to a War of the Flys. I initially posted pictures of my "fly rod" which was built for a Princess. My rod had built in attachments for swatter, baton, finger pointing, LSU, Boudreauxs Butt Paste and the official warranty document.

Jesse has responded with his pictures of a rod that was made several years ago entitled "Squadron of Flys" which he marketed to a non fisherman. This thing has a Swatter, Back Scratcher and Tickle Your Fancy Feather as attachable items.

Immediately upon viewing these pictures I applied for amnesty and a ceasing of hostility between the Swamp and Virginia Beach. This ending of hostility will be governed by the terms of a printed Conditional Surrender. I am looking for an appropriate battleship for signing of the official treaty documents.

I was required to post these pictures on Jesse's behalf and to admit to all that my sizable check of reparation is currently in the mail.

One thing proves to be the case for both me and Jesse -rodbuilding ain't all about spines, modulus and formulas - RODBUILDING IS SOME KINDA FUN!!

I did make the promise to Lance - if I see Jesse in Charlotte in 2006 I will have enough adhesive and Flock to cover him from head to toe!

Gon Fishn

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: War Of The Flys - Jesse Buky Entry
Posted by: Larry Laurent (---.sip.btr.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 07, 2005 06:42PM

So instaed of tarred and featherd, he'll be adhesived and flocked?

Re: War Of The Flys - Jesse Buky Entry
Posted by: Gary Bechtel (---.houston.res.rr.com)
Date: August 07, 2005 06:46PM

Bill, this whole thing with you two reminds me of some of my home-brew "time consumption" projects..
Like the claw hammer with the head turned upside-down, has a mini flashlight mounted to the hammer neck to see what you are aiming at. Head mounted to a spring hinge with a battery controlled off/on switch. Small mirror on one side in order to study your hammer stroke form, even has a rack for band-aids.
Have a wooden walking cane with a plate type reel seat and old Bronson spinning reel, guides, tip, the whole thing: that's my "cane rod" .
Old Viking pool cue with Unertl rifle scope mounted, mini chalk dispenser, coin purse...
Certain there are other worthwhile inventions to come up with Gary

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster