I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Heavy Duty Saltwater Blanks
Posted by: Andy Dear (---.stic.net)
Date: August 06, 2005 05:50PM

Hey guys,
FYI, I'll be putting a list up on the website tonight that will contain a whole bunch of discontinued AllStar heavy saltwater blanks.

These are blank quality blanks (not seconds) And the price is unbeatable.

Check www.lamarreelseats.com around 9:00pm Central time tonight.

Andy Dear

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Heavy Duty Saltwater Blanks
Date: August 06, 2005 10:04PM

List is up:

[www.lamarreelseats.com]

Andy

Posted by: tom kaufmann (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: August 07, 2005 01:34AM

Andy,
I just went to the link and no luck. Do I need to go to a different page?

Posted by: Al Johnson (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 07, 2005 06:35AM

How are the quality of these blanks? I am looking for a spinning 20-30# and stand up #40-100

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.lsil.com)
Date: August 07, 2005 09:19AM

Al,
These are fanastic blanks, just built some snook rods on Andy's blanks.

Date: August 07, 2005 01:32PM

Al,
In the post above I noted they are blank quality, meaning they are NOT blems or seconds. Simply discontinued and overstocked models from the Shakespeare buyout of AllStar. MAny of them are still in the polybag wrapper from the factory.

Andy

Posted by: Al Johnson (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 07, 2005 07:13PM

What would you suggest for a stand up rod 5'6" in the 40-50lb class? Do you have any spinning blanks in the 20lb-30lb

Posted by: JERRY SPRINGS (---.dlsrtr.corridor.net)
Date: August 08, 2005 12:01PM

Hello fellow rod builders, I took a ride on friday 08-05-05 thru the beautiful Texas hill country to meet with Andy Dear and pick up on some killer deals on rod blanks. For those that have not had the pleasure of meeting him he is a super nice guy and also a master rod builder. You have to cross the beautiful clear Medina river about a mile from his house, this river reminds me of some of the trout streams you see in the big mountain states. It's also stocked with Texas hill country trout ( bass, perch and catfish). He's also well known at the local country restaurant where we had lunch (good food) as the local rod guy who doesn't have to work for a living like everybody else. I think it was time well spent. P.S. I dont think the closeout blank specials will last long.

Jerry Springs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster