I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Ambassador 7500
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an3.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: August 05, 2005 03:54PM

Hay guys
Was wondering what cast seat this ambassador 7500 will fit into, will a 16 work or would a 18 be better. I don't have one to check.
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ambassador 7500
Posted by: Neal Cissel (---.phnx.qwest.net)
Date: August 05, 2005 04:25PM

Bill
The reel sounds like its bigger and with out seeing the reel I think it might either take a 17 or 18 reelseat.

Neal's Fishing Products

Posted by: Billy Vivona (4.43.114.---)
Date: August 05, 2005 04:31PM

I doubt it will fit into a size 16 very well, if at all. That large of a reel probably won't be used on a small blank, so you may need a 20 or 22 just to fit on teh blank you are using.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an2.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: August 05, 2005 04:33PM

Thanks Neal The seats I was looking at went from 16 to 18, so I was thinking of the 18 to make sure it fit
I do think it may be a little over kill for what he will use it for

Posted by: Billy Vivona (4.43.114.---)
Date: August 05, 2005 04:35PM

What do you the 7500 for? Chunking/bridge fishing?

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an2.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: August 05, 2005 04:42PM

I checked out the reel and " min " line on it is 20 LB test. Guy wants to use the reel with what he says was 8-17 line ??? I told him it seemed to be overkill. Could not tell from a picture but Minumn line 20??

Posted by: Ed Grella (---.177.15.7.adsl.snet.net)
Date: August 05, 2005 08:07PM

Bill that is way overkill for 8-17lb. I use one with 30 lb for stripers/Blues. Ed

Posted by: Derek McMaster (---.ca-sanfranc0.sa.earthlink.net)
Date: August 05, 2005 11:46PM

He would be better off with a 6500C3 or C4 for the 17# and a 5000 for the 8#.....I don't think that the 8# would work on such a large reel due to the problem of the line embedding between the spool and sideplate on a bad overrun.

I consider myself a past master of the craft.

Derek

Posted by: Mick McComesky (---.244.45.29.Dial1.StLouis1.Level3.net)
Date: August 06, 2005 12:52AM

Bill,
Just going on visual memory, I don't think a 16 is going to work. The 7500 is a big &@@ reel. Ask him to get some measurements on the foot length and width and take it from there. A 16 "might" work, but don't bet the farm on it.

Sounds like you have a guy who has a nice reel looking for a rod to put it on. Sort of like a kid who bought some mag wheels looking for a car that they will fit on.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.156.95.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: August 06, 2005 10:29AM

he is fishing fresh water and just told me he pulls in some times fish weighing 50 LBS.
A 7' for 1/2 oz lure and 8-17 line now makes me nervios.
He likes the color of the Matrix blanks -- but since I did not get any fead back on here about them, I think I am better with a Rainshadow Now I am thinking of a little heaver blank.
I was looking at the IP844 and 5
Also thinking of an # 18 seat.

Ed your email is hidden Derek yours also

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2005 11:02AM by bill boettcher.

Posted by: Clyde Roberts (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: August 06, 2005 12:59PM

Take a look at the Rainshadow SW70MH, it's not nearly as big of a rod as the spec's would lead you to believe. An 18 seat will work on this blank and for the 7500. The 7500 will hold a good 300 yds of 17# line. I've used this blank before for big salt water sripers - matched up with the 7500 it would be a sweet combo.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.156.95.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: August 06, 2005 01:10PM

Thanks Clyde For what he is doing that looks a lot more like it. The moderate action should give him the tip flex he wants.

Posted by: Arvana Jarrard (---.earlsboro.ok.mbo.net)
Date: August 06, 2005 07:38PM

Bill as for as size of seat goes I just went out to the shop and found an old trigger reel seat must be a 10 or 12 and my 7500C3 tightened up on the seat so I would say it will work on whatever reel seat fit the rod . It did look a little funny on that small seat though
Good luck

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.39.205.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: August 07, 2005 09:23AM

That's interesting. Got to have the guy put the seat into the other rod with the #17 seat and see if it fits well
Thanks much

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster