I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Putting a Logo on a blank
Posted by: Mark Schulte (---.tnt2.valparaiso.in.da.uu.net)
Date: April 18, 2002 01:52PM

I recently had a customer ask to put a certain logo on a blank. After contacting a few decal makers for pricing it seemed unreasonable costwise for one logo. What we ended up doing was cutting out the logo from a schedule and put crystal clear packing tape over it to adhear it to the blank. After the LS 2000 cured it looked pretty good. Just like a decal. I am sure the UV protection will be awful but the customer wanted it that way. It was actually his idea. I will let you all know how it holds up as I know there were questions regarding putting a team logo on a rod.
Mark

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Putting a Logo on a blank
Posted by: John Britt (---.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: April 18, 2002 03:11PM

Mark sometimes you can get away with glueing the label on a blank and coating it with clear nail polish, note be sure to test before trying on your rod
John

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: April 18, 2002 05:01PM

Many items can be cut and pasted to the blank and then coated with CP and finished as usual. I have done some with 3M 777 spray adhesive and then coated with CP. If there was any problem with the ink and the CP, I'd coat with Krylon matte finish first.

Tape, if you find the right brand and type, can be invaluable for doing this sort of thing. You can even write on a piece of tape you have affixed temporarily to a piece of clean glass. This is easier than writing on a round rod blank. Then you transfer the tape to the rod and coat with CP and finish. Or, you can sandwich the inscription with another layer of tape and then transfer the entire shooting match to the rod for finishing. (This does result in a thicker "edge" though and requires more finish to even out.)

Posted by: Kelly Verge (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: April 19, 2002 01:41AM

Just remember if it's not acid-free paper, it will yellow as time passes.

Posted by: Les McGinn (---.sunwave.net)
Date: April 19, 2002 02:14PM

qoute "Tape, if you find the right brand and type,"

Tom, what brand and type might that be? Any suggestions?

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: April 19, 2002 05:04PM

Scotch Transparent is the best I have found. Some brands work great for this, others are awful. I have not tried nearly enough to say which is truly the very best for doing this.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster