I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rocky Mountain
Posted by: Terry Hosford (---.htc.net)
Date: July 30, 2005 11:22PM

Hi Guys

Is there a problem at Rocky Mountain? I ordered some items a couple of weeks ago
over the web and nothing yet. Left 3 phone messages no reply.

Terry

I got John on the phone today 8/01/05 and everything is OK. Just thought I would let everybody know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2005 01:45PM by Terry Hosford.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rocky Mountain
Posted by: joe klepeis (---.unt.pa.atlanticbb.net)
Date: July 31, 2005 12:54AM

well
good luck i sent john a email 5-29-05 he was to get back to me well i have never heard from him he replied to the email-
but made no contact about the matter at hand.joe.
looks like no dan craft blanks for me.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: July 31, 2005 01:28AM

Why not just order the blank directly from Dan????

Mike

Posted by: Tyler Bell (---.sympatico.ca)
Date: July 31, 2005 01:32AM

I have email Rocky Mountain aswell and no response. Not the frist time this has happened to me either from them.
Tyler

Posted by: David Olley (---.onspeed.com)
Date: July 31, 2005 06:41AM

Hi
I thought it was just me!
I placed an order , and paid for it 5/28, received confirmation and nothing since.
Will be interested in any response
Dave Olley
Scotland

Posted by: Derek McMaster (---.ca-sanfranc0.sa.earthlink.net)
Date: July 31, 2005 11:25AM

Wow...Am I sorry to hear this....I dealt with him a while ago and found him quite friendly by email and very helpful....Hope all is well with him.

Derek

Posted by: Keith Tymchuk (---.eug.or.uspops.net)
Date: July 31, 2005 11:47AM

John has always been prompt to respond. Wonder if he is out for a few days.

Keith

Posted by: Bryan Ion (---.cable.ubr03.gate.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: July 31, 2005 04:44PM

Hi All
Got my delivery from John ,must say its took a while but he has been in contact with me all along the way, even though i must ad that it was supplier problems with my original request which let John down.
Last time i spoke to him via email recently he said he had been away on business and had staffing shortages..
i am sure he will be in touch with us all as soon as he can..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2005 04:53PM by Bryan Ion.

Posted by: Dan L Craft (---.eugn.qwest.net)
Date: August 01, 2005 03:48AM

All of us prorbably seem hard to get hold of from time to time! I would suggest to keep trying as John does have a lot on his plate and as mentioned above, if you need some of my products, why not try me first? I'm sure John will get things going for all of you ASAP:<)

Dan Craft
Dan Craft Enterprises

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.cg.shawcable.net)
Date: August 01, 2005 02:07PM

Hi folks--Just spoke with Terry (the originator of this thread) and he informed me a few of you had indicated you been left hanging in your dealings with Rocky Mountain. I am very sorry this has occurred, and also sorry you were not able to reach me as I have taken a couple of family times/vacatioins this summer after a little too long without them. This in itself shouldn't have been a problem, as Rocky Mountain is more than just me :) but in the midst of a number of "growing pains" we've also had a couple of staff issues that has left us short handed, just to complicate things further and apparently reduce our ability to take care of our valued customers this summer! :(

Anyway, bottom line is we're alive and well, not going anywhere, and very sorry we haven't fulfilled the level of service we're committed to for a few of you. I will personally follow-up with each of you that have indicated a less-than-desireable experience with Rocky Mountain, and do whatever possible to make up for that. While I am the primary "public face/name" to Rocky Mountain, we employ people committed to doing their best at taking care of our customers so you're not supposed to face this kind of thing when I get busy! We will work through our staffing issues and continue to increase service levels at every opportunity, which will get much easier once our suppliers increase stocking levels as the fall season approaches.

Thank you for your understanding and rest assured we are committed not simply to the business end but to the craft as a whole and most importantly to our fellow builders.

With sincerity,

Posted by: Mikko Stenberg (---.kotopas.fi)
Date: August 01, 2005 03:47PM

Hopefully you are able to take care of my order soon too. Cheers John!

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.cg.shawcable.net)
Date: August 01, 2005 06:17PM

Hi Mikko! You've got mail! :) Just FYI, the only reason you didn't receive everything except the backordered items is to keep you from getting hit with extra customs/VAT charges by having the order arrive in your country in two separate packages. Anyway, I've just sent you an update on everything and will follow-up further later this week once we have confirmation of your b/o'd parts being enroute.

All the best,

Posted by: Scott Kinney (69.139.158.---)
Date: August 01, 2005 11:56PM

Shoot me an email when you can, John.

Scott Kinney
The Longest Cast Fly Rods
[www.thelongestcast.com]

Posted by: Mikko Stenberg (---.kyamk.fi)
Date: August 02, 2005 03:49AM

Cheers John!

Got your email and sent you an answer. Things are cool. ;)

Posted by: David Olley (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 02, 2005 01:14PM

Hi John
Look forward to hearing from you soon
Dave Olley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster