I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

I need a weaving loom!
Posted by: Stephen Altenbach (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: July 21, 2005 12:41AM

Where can I find a good weaving loom. I have only one small weave that was in the back of the Dale Clemens book, I did the marlin as my first weave just using double stick tape and counting the threads by hand over and over. It turned out fine after 3 hours but now i want to do cool, larger patterns from logos and such online. I need a weaving loom but they are almost impossible to find online. There is one on MudHole that only holds 55 threads though. My tiny marlin needed 31, so im guessing I need something more than 55 to make a large weave. Whats the best out there, and where can I find one? Thanks guys!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I need a weaving loom!
Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: July 21, 2005 12:49AM

Several of the sponcers on the left have looms in various sizes & pricing.
Gonna have to get one myself!!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 21, 2005 12:56AM

Contact Jim Kastorf, if he doesn't chime in here soon.

Bill in WV

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.airservices.gov.au)
Date: July 21, 2005 01:21AM

Stephen, email Doc, he has several sizes that will suit your requirements.

Doc email docski377@aol.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2005 01:23AM by Myles Boon.

Posted by: Jim Upton (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: July 21, 2005 01:27AM

Most beginners looms will let you weave up to about 100 threads but are sold in different sizes (thread counts). Depending upon what you want to be able to do you might take a look at the Wonder Weaver. It will handle up to 180 threads and will let you weave on any axis of the rod or on as many as you have room for. You could weave four separate patterns at once if you wished and had sufficient blank circumference to accommodate them. You can also weave a pattern completely around the rod. You can find it on the Renzetti, Mud Hole and I think Merrick Tackle web sites.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.tnt1.broken-hill.au.da.uu.net)
Date: July 21, 2005 03:47AM

Jim I would love to get a Renzetti but by the time I get it into Australia it would double in price. This wouldn't be that bad if , after time, I could put something together to a similar standard as some of the masters frequenting this site. What sort of prices are we talking about for some of the other style looms. I don't want to put anyone in a position where this becomes a price war but I am interested in finding out what's out there and seeing what would suit my purposes.

Regards
Mark (Outback)
Broken Hill, Australia.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (4.43.114.---)
Date: July 21, 2005 08:47AM

Do a search, this exact topic was discusse within the past week.

Posted by: Jim Kastorff (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 21, 2005 04:13PM

I emailed you some loom info also

Posted by: Jay Lindholm (---.bois.qwest.net)
Date: July 23, 2005 12:56AM

Go with Jim's loom. I have one and should have bought at least one more size. (He recommended it, but like most times, I ignored great advice)
They're easy to use and won't break the bank.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.tnt1.broken-hill.au.da.uu.net)
Date: July 23, 2005 03:08AM

Thanks everyone for the help.

Mark

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster