I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

All Star Rods @ 15.00?
Posted by: Ron Alley (---.r08.scbuft.infoave.net)
Date: July 16, 2005 11:08PM

I missed something somewhere. The local WallStore is selling All Star Graphite popping rods for $15.00. The cork handles are decent, Fuji seats, and knock off guides. The inshore charter boats are buying them up and wanting a guide re-wrap of BLVLG or LVSG. Even if I play an attorney and double bill, they still should have a great value. What is the deal with All Star, the rods look totally legit. Thanks, Ron

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: All Star Rods @ 15.00?
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: July 17, 2005 04:47AM

I'm not sure those are All Star rods. Seems like somebody here said that All Star was importing some very inexpensive rods, although someone else mentioned that a rod with the name Alistar or something similar was showing up in Wal-Mart.

In the case of the former, I'd assume they are shooting for a price point and market they haven't previously aimed at. In the case of the latter, I'd guess somebody is trying to cash in on a well known name.

Posted by: Ron Alley (---.r08.scbuft.infoave.net)
Date: July 17, 2005 08:25AM

Tom
I have heard that too but not seen them. These are labeled "All Star Graphite Pro-II #PT725S" complete with their official logo. I was told they originally sold @ 39.95 closeout @ 15.00. No indication of where made. Either way it appears to be a "bargain". Next the BigWalls will give you a free rod with a purchase of frozen bait. You can tell I am already tired of seeing these. Thanks

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: July 17, 2005 09:48AM

I do know that All Star is changing their blank color on some new models so what you see there might be the close-out of a color or rod series that they are no longer making. Sounds like a good deal, if someone wants a nice commercially made rod.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 17, 2005 10:07AM

Your will really be "hacked" when you see the bottom line price tag - EVERY DAY LOW PRICE OF $ 12.86. I would think that some internal communication within Wally World Sporting Goods may have gone awry. There is a "knock off" All Star rod available that is in no way connected to Allstar in Houston. I would almost bet they have mixed up the knock offs and the real thing. If I knew I could get an Allstar blank out of that deal I probably would jump at the chance. Sharon Johnson still watches this board and could give us the skinny on this subject if allowed to do so.

Gon Fishn

Posted by: Sharon Johnson (---.res.logixcom.net)
Date: July 18, 2005 10:14AM

Bill,

Those rods and blanks are not made domestically. They are indeed a closeout of an import rod specially manufactured for Walmart several years ago. Shakespeare had nothing to do with this project. Sorry that you can't get my blank from this rod.
Regards,
Sharon Johnson
All Star

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 18, 2005 11:19AM

Thanks Sharon for the post! I guess my last chance at getting some of "Your" blanks will be digging in Andys' garbage can at Charlotte. Please let him have enough to "Fill It To The Bream" so we can all get our share!

Bill Stevens

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster