I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

How to Post an MS-EXCEL Table?
Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: July 14, 2005 03:28PM

Is it possible to Post to RBO an MS-Excel Table ***.XLS ?

Inspired by some recent Posts, and Emory Harry's article in RMM-8(3), I have prepared a Table of Wrap Strengths and Wrap Weights for Popular Sizes of Gudebrod Thread. ... I would like to make it available to the readers at RBO, but I don't know how or where to "upload" it. When I tried to use this data-form textbox, like for posting the message text, all the spacing and columns in the Table are collapsed by the compiler. That makes the information nearly un-readable, and way too tedious to space by introducing periods as spacers.

... Any advice, short of me having to directly e-mail 100 of my "closest friends", would be much appreciated. -Thanks, -Cliff Hall +++

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to Post an MS-EXCEL Table?
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: July 14, 2005 03:32PM

How about printing it and scanning it then posting on the photo page. If you scan and post it full size and save as a .jpg anyone could just save the pic and print it out. Even if you could post the Excel file, I found that the majority of people don't have Excel

Mike

Posted by: Robert Marie (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 14, 2005 03:52PM

Greetings Cliff,

I use MS Excel; 97 and 2k. Each will permit doing a number of 'SAVE AS' es
including the choices of ' *.html' instead of ' *.xls'

In short, you would, normally, be saving your spreadsheet using a 'save' or a 'save as' in the form of a spreadsheet (*.xls) Instead, there is the option of saving via a different 'file type' (several choices).

Perhaps the webmaster can say whether or not 'html' can be submitted to this phorum.

Clearly the only drawback 'html' is not reversible back to .'xls' to my knowledge.

If, ultimately, you endup emailing that spreadsheet; I would appreciate receiving a copy.

Thanks,
Bob

Posted by: Gerry Rhoades (209.200.194.---)
Date: July 14, 2005 04:45PM

Mike's suggestion is probably the simplest, as long as you have a scanner. If you have Adobe Distiller, you can print it to an Adobe file and post the .pdf file. I've found pdf files a lot easier to work with than jpg files.

If you don't have Adobe, email me the file and I can do it in just a couple of minutes, but I will be leaving in about 2-1/2 hours and won't be back until July 25. It's time for some field testing!

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: July 14, 2005 05:30PM

Gerry,
I also prefer PDF but I don't think that you could post a PDF file to this site!! I think that the photo page will only accept JPG.

Cliff: If you miss Gerry, I can convert it for you also if you send ne the Excel file. I can also scan/post it for you, if you want

Mike

Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: July 14, 2005 10:24PM

Thanks, fellows. I'm gonna try Mike Barkley's plan in the next couple of days, after I get some other stuff done. I'll post a notice, link and some explanatory comments here at RBO at that time. -Cliff Hall-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster