I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New Line of Rod Blanks
Posted by: Andy Dear (---.stic.net)
Date: July 10, 2005 02:22PM

Hey guys,
Just wanted to let you know that Lamar is now a stocking Distributor for CTS Rod Blanks. CTS blanks are manufactured in New Zealand, and are a very high quality high performance product. Last week I recieved a 7' spinning blank and a 9' 6wt fly blank, and I have to say these are some of the lightest crispest blanks around...the spinning blank is like a feather! CTS also utilizes a helical design in their blanks to give added strength and durability. Check out : [www.ctsfishing.com] to read more about it!
I am very VERY excited about this new relationship with CTS. This is an extremely unique, VERY high quality product, that all of you should take a look at. We will have more info. up on our website in a few days as well as a complete list of inventory as soon as our first shipment arrives. For now you can take a look at the CTS website at www.ctsfishing.com

Please feel free to email me or call if you have any questions!

Regards,

Andy Dear
Lamar Manf.
210-845-7456

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Line of Rod Blanks
Posted by: Gerry Rhoades (---.vnet-inc.com)
Date: July 10, 2005 03:02PM

WAY TO GO ANDY!!!

Posted by: Jorge A. Loredo (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 10, 2005 03:16PM

Andy,
What are the specs on the 7' spinning blanks?
1 or 2 piece, lbs, lure wt., etc.

Jorge

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 10, 2005 04:47PM

Andy - can you tell us the turnaround time for painted blanks? They've got quite a few different colors to choose from, it would take a lot for you to stock each model, each color, and multiples - waiting for a blank is fine, having an idea how long it would take would be cool..

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 10, 2005 04:47PM

Andy - can you tell us the turnaround time for painted blanks? They've got quite a few different colors to choose from, it would take a lot for you to stock each model, each color, and multiples - waiting for a blank is fine, having an idea how long it would take would be cool..

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: July 10, 2005 04:55PM

Andy would have to give you the specifics, but I believe there is a minimum quantity (5 of each model) in order to get any of the custom colors as well as a fee ($20) for any that don't meet the minimums. I looked into this not so long ago as I'd love to have some white graphite blanks.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.tnt1.broken-hill.au.da.uu.net)
Date: July 10, 2005 08:37PM

Tom, there is a pretty good Rod Builder discount buying five or more blanks (20% last time I ordered through them). I fully endorse what Andy has already mentioned above. The blanks are beautifully made and right up there with the best I have built or used to this stage. I particularly like the cobalt blue. I agree with you, the white would also be spectacular.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 11, 2005 09:16AM

Question from the Bayou - Will these blanks be found "in the garbage can" that you will certainly be bringing to Charlotte?

Gon Fishn

Posted by: Anonymous User (206.73.5.---)
Date: July 11, 2005 09:26AM

hi Andy,

My heart skipped a beat when I read this. I've been wanting to try a couple CTS blanks for a while now.

I know you can't stock every model in every color. I'll ask the sme question as Billy. Any idea what the turn around time is to get a blank to you?

Thanks,
Rick

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: July 11, 2005 09:56PM

I've run a couple of these through the shop and they're about as topnotch as they come. I haven't built my white one... yet.

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: James Mello (---.haydrian.com)
Date: July 12, 2005 04:35PM

Excellent! I've been wanting to try out there blanks for a while, but couldn't swallow the cost of getting one of them sent overseas! Excellent Andy!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster