I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Lamiglas Perigee 3/4 blank
Posted by: Jim Benenson (---.state.nm.us)
Date: July 08, 2005 01:29PM

I recently ordered a Lamiglas Perigee 3-pc. 3/4 wt. blank. When I received it, the bottom of the middle section was unfinished. I returned it to the factory and received another in the same condition. I called to find out what was going on; I'll pass the reply on to you. When these blanks are made, the finish is applied manually with a squeegee. Since there must be some room for the person's fingers holding the blank, the bottom receives no finish. The person with whom I spoke (Todd) assured me that the blanks I received were in perfect condition, and that they can't be trimmed without sacrificing the ferrule fit. He said that builders should just wrap over the unfinished section. I'm passing this on to you so that if you get one of these blanks, you won't have to go through the above. I also suggested that they insert a note with the blank explaining the unfinished section.

Jim

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lamiglas Perigee 3/4 blank
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.lsil.com)
Date: July 08, 2005 03:43PM

Jim,
It's not unusual, Forecast, Rainshadow, Graphite USA, and Lamiglas are some blanks this way. As Todd said the ferrule wrap will cover it. Some blanks like Graphite USA have bare graphite to graphite fit on the ferrules both sides, the finish on the male side stops about 1/4 inch before the ferrule stop point.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (4.43.114.---)
Date: July 08, 2005 03:45PM

Is that graphite to graphite ferrule on the GUSA a possible problem?

Posted by: Henry Curtis (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: July 08, 2005 08:57PM

No, they just leave it bare so the paint or finish doesn't interfere with the fit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster