I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Need YOUR help, please
Posted by: James(Doc) Labanowski (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 05, 2005 12:02AM

Hi Guys I just finished re-doing my recent Marlin Scene weave and need your help. Please look at the new version and tell me which you consider the best. I have several weaves in the works that are similar in theme ie a scene. I am trying not to duplicate all of them. Thanks for your help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need YOUR help, please
Posted by: kim nordblad (---.it.volvo.com)
Date: July 05, 2005 02:15AM

Hi Doc I like the one with blue background color just little more. Theyre both beautiful though, would be very hard to choose.

Posted by: kim nordblad (---.it.volvo.com)
Date: July 05, 2005 02:23AM

Or you could try change the head/sword/back color to a little bit darker(like the dark purple on the one above) I think it would make an even better contrast on the blue background? Sure would be sweet.
thanks
-Kim-

Posted by: Phil Richmond (---.centcom.mil)
Date: July 05, 2005 02:41AM

For the record, I've never done a weave so I'm no resident expert. Just on looks, the blue water is nice, but there is not enough contrast with the blue bill off the marlin and a bit hard to tell its a marlin without looking closely. So my vote goes to the black out of the two.

Very awesome work.
Phil

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: July 05, 2005 05:15AM

Hi Doc,
The bottom one ( Blue ) shows the detail better.
Both are SWEET though.
Hope someday to due as well!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2005 05:16AM by Raymond_Adams.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.156.99.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: July 05, 2005 08:57AM

Bottom one Doc with the blue water back ground Has more color on it Very pretty !!
Should shine when cleared.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 05, 2005 09:20AM

When are you going to upgrade you Microsoft Fishware Sim Weave to Ver 11A. This version has an additional 5,324 thread colors for you to try out!

Gon Fishn

Posted by: Peter Merritt (---.client.insightBB.com)
Date: July 05, 2005 10:10AM

Doc, as usual very nice work. While I love the look of the blue background, I agree with the others who say there needs to be more contrast between the bill and background.
Peter

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.156.99.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: July 05, 2005 10:23AM

Doc - which one do you like ?

Posted by: Chuck McIntyre (---.hlrn.qwest.net)
Date: July 05, 2005 03:33PM

Doc,
I concur with the others. The bottom weave is nicer overall. I would use a lighter shade of blue for the background color though. Another option is to lighten the "ocean" in the area around the bill or even overall,by using several different shades of blue for effect. Thats just something I have done to keep weaves a little bit different for customers when weaving trout. Your work,as always is very well done,from the drawing board to finish. You are so talented its scary. Thank you for sharing it with us!
Best wishes,
Chuck

Posted by: david williams (---.formysite.com)
Date: July 05, 2005 05:38PM

hello doc
the bottom one is lot brighter just need to darken his bill a little bit
but as usual your work looks great.
did ya recieve the regular mail i sent ya?

david williams

Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: July 05, 2005 10:52PM

Being the expert weaver that I am (choke, choke), I like the bottom weave the best. The background adds a lot to that weave. It looks more like a water color scene-a true work of art.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster