I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Need help finding Bulk Disposable Nylon Brushes
Posted by: Rich Gassman (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: July 02, 2005 10:20AM

Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me which vendor to the left has bulk disposable nylon brushes. The brushes I am trying to find are the 3-3/8" long Disposable Brushes with the nylon-bristles, I had seen them at one of the vendors sites, but cannot locate them again. They are the only ones I have good results with every time I use them. Thanks for your help, have a great day, Rich.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need help finding Bulk Disposable Nylon Brushes
Posted by: Gerald McCasland (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: July 02, 2005 10:53AM

Rich,

If you are talking about the yellow or purple Flex Coat throw aways, nearly all of the sponsors shpuld have them.

Gerald Mc

Date: July 02, 2005 11:02AM

Hi Gerald, the brushes I am seeking are a semi white plastic with nylon bristles, and are just over three inches long. Cabelas has them but they are not a vendor, and I had found them bulk at a vendors site 85 count for cheaper than Cabelas, just cannot find which vendor. Thank you for your reply, have a great day.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.162.17.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: July 03, 2005 10:02AM

You can also get a lot of use out of them by sticking them in lacquer thinner right after use. They clean up well

Date: July 03, 2005 11:52AM

Thank you Bill for your advise as usual, I will have to give that a try when I get more brushes. I do really like the small disposable ones, have to try and stick them in Lacquer thinner to see how they will hold up, thanks for the advise, Rich.

Posted by: John Dow (---.215.252.64.snet.net)
Date: July 04, 2005 12:32AM

I get the yellow ones from Jann's , 10 in a bag . I can not remember if they had the white ones though .I think the brushes you are refering to are the ones that come with the Cabellas epoxy kits ?
Have fun , John

Got Fish ?

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.150.220.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: July 04, 2005 07:44AM

Rich
I do it with the flex coat brushes, don't know about the others. They come in two sizes Think it is 1/4 and 1/8 in.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.riogrd01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: July 05, 2005 09:46AM

I use the metal handle "Flux" type brush in 1/4 " size. Get them from a mail order catalog by the gross
I think around $20.00

Posted by: Larry Laurent (207.191.101.---)
Date: July 05, 2005 05:05PM

Go to your local craft store, and you can get a big bag of disposables in a few different sizes for pretty cheap. They look the same as the Flexcoat brushes to me, except in a few more colors ( and sizes).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster