I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Free rod wrapping machines?
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: June 30, 2005 09:10AM

Well, yes. Last year at the National Rod Builders Show we gave away one of the American Tackle Power Wrappers free of charge at the RodMaker Reception on Saturday evening (Thanks to Joe Meehan and American Tackle for the donation). For the 2006 event, it appears we'll have no less than 3 rod wrapping machines/lathes available as door prizes.

The grand prize will be a complete Renzetti Master Rod Lathe - 1/10HP motor, 9' of track, 8-spool thread feed, 3 rod supports, etc. The whole 9 yards.

No, it's not a raffle - there is nothing to buy. You just show up for the reception, we hand you a ticket and you're in the hunt. Everybody has an equal chance to win.

Last year we ended up with something like 75 door prizes. This year's donations are running ahead of last year so it's quite likely we'll have even more than last year. By the first of August, the list of door prizes will go up on the show website (link is to the top left) and I'll continue to update them right up to the actual show date.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Free rod wrapping machines?
Date: June 30, 2005 10:51AM

Add to that list an American Tackle Professional Power Wrapper with 3 rod supports, 8' bed and self centering chuck. Variable speed motor.

Posted by: Dave Gilberg (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 30, 2005 11:04AM

To those who were not at the Charlotte reception I want to report how exciting it was for all in attendance to see each winner claim their prize. As the door prizes increase in value and number it will only add to the fun for all. Way to go Sponsors and Tom!
Dave

Posted by: Billy Vivona (4.43.114.---)
Date: June 30, 2005 03:00PM

Exciting???...maybe for the 80% of the people who won something, but the 20% of us who stood there watching seemingly everyone else walk up to claim their prize - it was a major disappointment.

lol.

Date: June 30, 2005 03:22PM

Don't feel too bad - actually, only about 40% of the people won something. We had nearly 200 people in the room and something like 70 to 80 prizes.

Besides, this year we hope to have enough prizes that everybody will get something, even if it's just an autographed photo of Andy Dear.

Posted by: Shawn Moore (82.96.100.---)
Date: June 30, 2005 05:16PM

I got in a little late and got ticket #168 and I don't think I heard any prize announced to anything higher than 150 all night!!! Not complaining it's all luck, but I would have settled for Andy's ugly mug on a photo just to feel like I was in the hunt! Seriously, I look forward to next year and have no doubt it'll be the best yet!

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 30, 2005 08:00PM

You non winners think you had it bad!! I drew all the tickets out of the bowl and handed them to Tom - mine was still in the bowl when it was done - Even the Infamous Mr. Dear, "The Pollutor" even won something.

Gon Fishn

Date: June 30, 2005 09:22PM

Heck, I pulled Bill's ticket out before we began. Guess I forgot to tell him. I couldn't have the guy pulling tickets winning something. The whole affair had to be above reproach even if the people involved were not.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster