I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Blank Help
Posted by: Josh Coney (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: June 28, 2005 03:40PM

Hey guys, little help if you would be so kind. Searching for my first blank( dont worry I am going to practice on some others first) and would love some opinions. It will be a spinning rod, used for inshore, in the 7ft-7'6 range. I have looked at the sponsor's sites, but it is just tough to know which brand of blank to go with. At what point to you stop looking at the blank that is one series better? I know with most things you get what you pay for, but whee do you stop? Would spend around $100, but would of course like to spend less if possible. I just want the best blank for my money, I know everyone has their own opinion.....lets hear 'em...please and thankyou

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blank Help
Posted by: Neal Cissel (---.phnx.qwest.net)
Date: June 28, 2005 04:21PM

Hi Josh,
What line wt and lure wt you looking for?

Neal's Fishing Products

Posted by: Randy Gerrick (---.dsl.bcvloh.ameritech.net)
Date: June 28, 2005 05:07PM

I just looked at Neal's Fishing Products close out section and there are a bunch of blanks for under $20.00. Take a look and see what you can find. Neal, does your inventory change daily?

Randy

Date: June 28, 2005 06:51PM

Randy,
On some items yes and on others we have such a qaunity no. but sometimes we sell out of items sooner. If that makes any sense. I think I might have what Josh needs just need to know the ln and lure wt. I have some seconds that are just blemished that have gone out of here so quickly. Sometimes I don't even have time to put them up on my website Randy cause when my customers hear that I am getting something in they are waiting at the door or phone to see what all I have.

Neal's Fishing Products

Posted by: Josh Coney (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: June 29, 2005 11:18AM

Hey Guys,

Line Wgt - 8-17(could differ some)
lure wgt - 1/4-3/4(also some room to wiggle here)

Prefer a faster tip......

Date: June 29, 2005 03:35PM

Josh,
If you go with Forecast E-Glass SWB70L 7' 8-15lb ln, lure wt 1/4-1oz blank wt 5.50oz SWB76L same as the SWB70L

Or if you are looking for graphite try a Rainshadow XMU916 7'7" MH 7-40lb 3/4-3oz lure wt.

Rainshadow IP844 7' 8-17lb ln, 1/4-3/4 which is their inshore popping rod blank they come in a olive green or matt clear finish.

Neal's Fishing Products

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster