I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Mr. Emig <> Your work is beautiful
Posted by: Bob Meiser (---.dhcp.mdfd.or.charter.com)
Date: June 25, 2005 01:31PM

I Am always in awe of the amazing talent shown in our craft by contributing builders on Tom's photo section and Magazine.

...And last month's RB Mag. was no exception.

The precise detailing of Joe Emig's reelseat shell inlay work and wood grip assembly was eye candy ...Good on ya Joe.

The snake skin inserts, and the process involved in making them were also very cool...Thanks for sharing this.

Bob Meiser

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mr. Emig <> Your work is beautiful
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an3.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: June 25, 2005 01:53PM

I have to agree,excellant work. There goes the snake population

Posted by: Richard Kuhne (70.85.195.---)
Date: June 25, 2005 04:56PM

The world's very best rod builders are featured in Rodmaker magazine. I always go to the photo gallery first thing to see what beautiful work will be found there this time. Joe's seats and handle work were artwork in every sense of the word. His article sharing his technique was no less impressive.

Posted by: Andrew Dear (---.stic.net)
Date: June 26, 2005 12:08AM

Bob,
Joe showed me these seats in Charlotte...I may have been one of the first to see them in the rodbuilding community. When he asked me my opinion of his seats, I told him " You know, I see hundreds of different custom rods throughout the year, and there isn't hardly anything that gets me excited, makes me jealous or wish that I had done.....but I wish I had done this". The seats are that nice, and they are innovative. Plus Joe is a really cool humble guy.

Andy Dear
Lamar Manf.

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 26, 2005 10:17AM

Haven't seen this months Rodmaker ( probablly on the mailmans coffee table) but I must say that Joes work is the coolest stuff I've seen and his method of casting inserts has unlimited potential for others. He definately deserves praise for sharing his work visually, AND informing the rodbuilding on how its done.

Posted by: Joe Emig (---.253.123.131.Dial1.Cincinnati1.Level3.net)
Date: June 26, 2005 12:21PM

I just wanted to say thank you for all the kind words. I'm very pleased everyone is enjoying this new technique. One of the great things about rodbuilding is the willingness of builders to share their techniques. I am pleased to be able to do just that, and I'm sure this sharing will continue for years to come.

Thanks again, Joe Emig

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster