I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Beulah Rods & Blanks?
Posted by: Scott Kinney (---.org)
Date: June 22, 2005 11:42AM

Anyone familiar with Beulah Rods out of Medford, Oregon?

I just purchased one of their blanks on @#$%& and am curious as to what I should expect, if anything. It's a 9'0" 10 weight 3 piece, so if nothing else, I can build it into a pool cue. It was only $30 or so with shipping included...

Their website is www.beulahrods.com.

Scott Kinney
The Longest Cast Fly Rods
[www.thelongestcast.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Beulah Rods & Blanks?
Posted by: Ken Finch (---.int.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 22, 2005 12:41PM

Probably getting their blanks from the same places we all do. It might be a Pac Bay or Rainshadow or something just sold under their name. I don't think good blank companies need to sell product on @#$%&. JMO.

Posted by: david williams (---.formysite.com)
Date: June 22, 2005 03:28PM

scott
was going to check out beulahrods out of curoisity but cant find it did search and come up empty
is the name spelled right?

Posted by: Bob Meiser (---.dhcp.mdfd.or.charter.com)
Date: June 22, 2005 04:19PM

Scott,

I am very familar with Beulah Rods and personally with Chic Parsons, the creator of this series.

Beulah blanks are Chic's own tapers, and are Asian made by a company that several sponsors of this site are also familar with.

...As are several major North American private label distributors of fishing rods.

I feel the Beulah blanks are very much like the original IMX tapers <> Fast recovery, tip action, and a joy to cast.

Very nice blanks, and from my experience <> Extremely well made.

Chic will ocassionally place his product on @#$%& (like many reputable companies) as a vehicle to expose his wares to a large audiance.

Bob Meiser

Posted by: Scott Kinney (---.org)
Date: June 22, 2005 04:59PM

Thanks for the information! Based on what you said, I ordered a reel to go with the rod. Seems like there's quite a bit of good stuff coming out of Oregon these days...hopefully I will be back there this fall to partake in the fun.

I also need to firm up a couple of orders I have for the "smallmouth speys" and get back to you, Bob. Too many fun projects, too little time!

Scott Kinney
The Longest Cast Fly Rods
[www.thelongestcast.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster