I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

# of posts
Posted by: travis thompson (64.73.41.---)
Date: June 18, 2005 08:16PM

Why are there not many posts here anymore? Seems to have died off here. Every one must be fishing

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: # of posts
Posted by: Phil Richmond (---.centcom.mil)
Date: June 18, 2005 09:27PM

I ask enough questions to make up for several people a day... hehe.

Wish I was fishing tho.

Phil

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: June 18, 2005 09:39PM

With the search and all that's been stocked up there, most Q's are already answered. Yeah, right!! Everybody's fishing...except me...

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: June 18, 2005 10:11PM

Same number as always. Roughly 100 or so per day. Weekends are always a bit slower than weekdays.

Posted by: Peter Merritt (---.client.insightBB.com)
Date: June 18, 2005 11:26PM

Just to make you guys jealous, I've been fishing. Unfortunatley today the catchin' wasn't too good. Great to be out though. Now if I can just get back to rod building :) lots of work to do!

Peter

Posted by: Shawn Moore (82.96.100.---)
Date: June 19, 2005 09:08AM

You think THIS is slow??? Check some of the other rod building websites, most didn't get ANY posts yesterday and probably won't today!!

Just for kicks, I did some math on this site's posts. 4 years and 152,622 posts. That comes to an average of 105 posts per DAY! This site is anything but slow and most of what is posted is solid rod building info. Not chitter chatter about who's bringing the beer and chips to the next meeting.

Posted by: Travis Thomspon (64.73.46.---)
Date: June 19, 2005 09:51AM

It just seems like there's not much happening. Maybe it me that doesnt have much happening.

Date: June 19, 2005 10:07AM

Same as always, maybe even a little more. Site traffic continues to grow month by month. Lots of new names and new builders. If you haven't been around lately, we did change the board format a few months back.

Posted by: Ken Finch (---.int.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 19, 2005 01:30PM

If nothings happening here, then rigor mortis has set in on the other rod building sites! This place is jumping compared to most.

Posted by: Travis Thompson (---.mdsnwi.tds.net)
Date: June 19, 2005 02:11PM

I have noticed the new format as soon as it hit and didnt like it at first but now I dont even remember the way it was before so its no big deal. I would like to see like my archery web site has where when you place the mouse arrow on the topic it lets you read the begining of the post without having to open it. It save a ton of time while checking new posts. And that web site gets a ton of posts. You can hardly check them as fast as they are posted. Archerytalk.com

Date: June 19, 2005 03:07PM

I'd like to do the same, but only upgrade things here as funds allow. I don't want to charge people a fee to access this site or its features, so we just do the best we can with what we have.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: June 19, 2005 03:09PM

Which is better than anything else out there!!!!

Mike

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (12.174.138.---)
Date: June 19, 2005 07:42PM

Mike, I agree!

Jay

Posted by: Travis Thomspon (---.mdsnwi.tds.net)
Date: June 19, 2005 09:32PM

I fully understand!! I wasnt sure if you were aware of such an upgrade or not. I know it saves me a ton of time when I check 50-60 different posts a night. Put the arrow on it, read the first sentence to see if its valid for me to even bother looking at or is jibberish. Not that the stuff here is jibberish but on archerytalk.com it is 90% useless info and you have to sort out the other 10%.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 20, 2005 07:06AM

Just like e every fishing message board, and probably most message boards - there are less posts during the summer than during the Winter.

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (12.174.138.---)
Date: June 20, 2005 10:33AM

Don't worry...the # of posts will increase beyond delief if fishing reports and other posts that don't deal with rodbuilding (like "where should I fish on my trip to Kalamazoo") are allowed on this board. I thought rule #1 asked us to use this board only for rodbuilding questions. Heck, I got an email from Tom a while back when I asked posted a message that was a question for a specific individual. He simply asked me to email in the future instead of asking a single person a question on the board (and it was a rodbuilding question). That was no problem at all for me...heck I understand completely and haven't done that since. Where are these non-rodbuilding posts coming from all of a sudden? This board, in my opinion, has a reputation for sticking to the subject matter at hand...rodbuilding. Tom spends countless hours making this the best site by far for our craft. I for one don't want to see it go the way of fishing reports from who knows where and questions about what brake pads I should use on my truck.

Wow, that little box of soap sure makes you feel big! I think I'll get down off of it now. :-)

Jay

Date: June 20, 2005 10:59AM

We don't have too much trouble on seriously off-topic posts. Once in a while you see something about someone needing a recommendation for a reel or where to go to fish, but I think you'll still find these in the extreme minority, particularly when compared to other sites. I do try to steer some of the non rod building related posts or those that are better made direction to the person desired, to use private email and for the most part people resond positively.

I try not to come down too hard on the occasional off topic post, at least as long as they stay pretty rare. But you don't have to worry about the off-topic posts taking center stage here - I wouldn't allow that to happen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster