I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Not a rod building question! An Airflo poly leader question!
Posted by: Keith Tymchuk (198.237.218.---)
Date: June 14, 2005 04:51PM

anybody just use the sinking poly leaders as their sink tips...alternating as the conditions dictate....on a plain floating line. I have half a mind to do just that..instead of the multi-tip I have.

any feedback?

Keith

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Not a rod building question! An Airflo poly leader question!
Posted by: larry pirrone (---.los-angeles-03rh15rt.ca.dial-access.att.net)
Date: June 14, 2005 05:59PM

i use them on airflows delta taper flaoting line. the loop connectors make it easy to change tips. i don't see why you could not use them on a plain old weight forward floating line.

Posted by: Keith Tymchuk (198.237.218.---)
Date: June 14, 2005 06:42PM

Thanks Larry,

So that just becomes your sink tip set up?

Keith

Posted by: Scott Kinney (---.nrockv01.md.comcast.net)
Date: June 14, 2005 10:32PM

Yeah, they work very well in that setup. One thing I've found helps is to cut the front taper off the WF line (first 3-4' or so) and then attach them there. It helps turn over the heavier polyleaders.

Posted by: Mike OLiver (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 15, 2005 05:54AM

Keith

I have used the fastest sinking version attached to a 10wt WF Intermediate and I have to say it cast like a sink It was even worse on an 8 wt. They are pretty cheap mind so it is not going to cost you much to try them out with your flylines wether they be WF or DT or even ST. When I got the line out there they did the job, and allowed me to catch Stripers in the surf that I would not have caught otherwiswe. They are well made to. If you ever cast early sink tip lines that will give you a clue as to how they performed for me.

Try them you have little to loose and lots to gain potentially.

Mike O.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster