I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Tips for G Loomis decals
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an2.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: May 31, 2005 07:12PM

Hi guys
Any one got any tips on putting on the loomis decals. These are the ones that ya put on the blank and rub over to transfer the letters from the paper to the blank. They are a real pain!
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tips for G Loomis decals
Posted by: Robert crabtree (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 31, 2005 07:42PM

bill i build many g.loomis rods a year the best way to apply the decal is take your hobby knife peel the decal up on one corner when you get enough up put a finger on the top side of the decal and peel it of the backing with out putting any fingers on the sticky side hold the back sides of the decal and place it on the rod remember not to touch otherwise fingerprints will show up loomis ought to widin there backing like st.croix does and others sometimes the sides dont like to stick........ thats the way i do it and have had no problems to date comes out like it was written on the rod hope i could help tight lines from the crabtree's rod shack

Posted by: Henry Curtis (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 31, 2005 09:39PM

I have not seen such decals from Loomis. Are these like transfer lettering? When did they start using these??

Posted by: Robert crabtree (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 31, 2005 10:56PM

you know what henry i dident read it that close g.loomis doesant have rub off lettering to my knowledge unless they changed since i ordered a few rods a couple of days ago thats why your probably havin the problem bill its a full decal not a rub off..........

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.57.242.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: June 01, 2005 07:03AM

One UL I had gotten had the letters on the white part of the decal. The research I had done said to lay this on the blank and rub with a blunt object till the lettering transfered to the blank?
An Old Decal?

The one I have now seems to be the clear sheet that goes on the blank with the lettering with it. Normal decal.
Unless the last one was a malfuntion on the decal??
Put the lettering on the wrong part ? Guess it was a boo boo ?
I should have looked closer
Thanks guys This was my boo boo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster