I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

3-piece spinning rod
Posted by: Steve Larson (---.gtwy.uscourts.gov)
Date: April 28, 2005 11:53AM

I'm building a 3 piece spinning rod for a client who lost his. It would be for throwing spinners in small creeks for trout. 6 foot. There doesn't seem to be many blanks out there. Any suggestions? I'm considering making it a combo fly spinning rod.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 3-piece spinning rod
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: April 28, 2005 12:15PM

Rainshadow/Forecast makes the SB720-4, 4 to 8 lb., 4 piece.

Posted by: Mark Janeck (---.ispnet.ca)
Date: April 28, 2005 12:41PM

You could also try a 5wt, 4 piece 8'6" fly blank and drop the butt section. I have a St.Croix SCII 4pc. and have contemplated doing the same thing. The fact that you want to make it combo rod supports this even more.

Mark Janeck
Custom Rods, Campbellville, Ontario

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: April 28, 2005 03:09PM

Batson Enterprises - Rainshadow/Forecast also has the following options. SB781*3 CG, SB783*3CG. Take a look at our website under the Spin Bass Multi-Purpose Rod Blanks to get all the specs. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us. We have over 383 In Stock Blanks to choose from.
Thank you for your support.
Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
Rainshadow/Forecast
wbatson@olypen.com
www.batsonenterprises.com
877-875-2381

Posted by: Steve Larson (---.gtwy.uscourts.gov)
Date: April 28, 2005 04:02PM

Are these 3-piece 6' blanks?

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.205.202.68.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: April 28, 2005 06:08PM

Using the exclusive Mud Hole Rod Blank Search engine, we cam up with the following in 6ft, 3pc.

IC747-3 Cascade RX7 6'2 3pc. 12-30wt. Bass Blank Clear 6'2" 3 12-30 lb HVY Fast 7 .61
IMB747-3-C Cascade 6'2 3pc. 15-30lb. 6.5T 0.61B CLEAR R1/B20 6' 2" 3 15-30 lb. X-HVY FAST 6.5 .61
260-3 Sage Spinning 6'0" 3pc 4-10wt 0.36B 4T 6'0 3 4-10 4 .36 1 1/8
2S66MLF3 STC Bass/Walleye - 6'6 4-10lb. 3pc. B0.465 T4.5 6'6 3 4-10lb. 1/8-1/2oz. ML FAST 4.5 .465 1.9

Check out some more options at:
[shop.mudhole.com]

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Posted by: Ted Morgan (---.tvlres.jcu.edu.au)
Date: May 01, 2005 07:03AM

I had the same problems sourcing a travel light spin blank as well. Ended up making a 3-piece from an ols butt section and a 2pce 5 1/2 foot light spin rod that I cut down. Then Batson released the four piece SB720-4, which I ordered, built and am now fishing. A superb blank, a little faster than mod-fast, with a nice fine tip for casting light lures. Serious power kicks in halfway down the second section, and you can get some good pressure going with the third section bending. I spent today catching jungle perch in a rainforest river, and was impressed with the performance, tossing 1/16th oz jigheads and grubs into and around tight spots, mid-stream and bankside boulders. To date the rod has landed small grouper (estuary cod), barracuda, hairtail, giant trevally (to 6 lbs), mangrove jack and fingermark bream (golden snapper). To say i am impressed is an understatement. The rod has everything you need for light lure spinning, and packs down to about a little over 20 inches.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster