I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

lami blank
Posted by: eric riggs (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: April 28, 2005 10:57AM

I recently took advantage of Mudholes Lami closeout sale....
One of the blanks I got was a Lami LS-6909-B01 Surf-9' 1 piece 50lb.
I cant find any info on this blank?
Does anyone know what it's made of (it's jet black), or what the lure weight is?
Thanks again!!
(p.s. mudhole was great- blanks were at my door in a day)!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: lami blank
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: April 28, 2005 12:08PM

Can't find that blank in anything I have, looking at the specs given on the website. Especially the #8 tip size and looking thru the Lamiglas blank catalog nothing seems right as their blanks in the 50 lb range in graphite and glass have far larger tips. At least twice as large as quoted on the Mudhole web site. The lure rating Mudhole shows and the tip size more consistently discribes a 20 or 30 lb surf blank. The number above isn't anywhere close to a blank number from Lamiglas which is always discribed in their catalogs in inches of length.

Posted by: Bret Rahe (---.com)
Date: April 28, 2005 01:53PM

An old Clemens Tackle catalog I have indicates a Lamiglas C6909 as a graphite/fiberglass blend that matches pretty close. 1-piece, 20-50# line rating, no information though regarding lure rating.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 28, 2005 06:54PM

I've buitl a C527, which is also 20-50. Assuming it's the same series, if it is the C6909, and was built the same way as the 527 - you will be able to tell because it will be extremely heavy in teh butt.

If it's anything like the Seeker 6909, read Noreast and make it into a Cod stck.

Posted by: eric riggs (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: April 29, 2005 02:42PM

I called mudhole and talked to a very nice person-Lyne.
She was very helpful.....I found out the lure weight is 1-4 oz and,
after talking to Josh at Lamiglas (again very helpful) found out the rod is
made of Fiberglass. He told me they made two versions and the way to tell them apart is:
If the tip end is grey and the butt end is gloss black , its a composite of fiberglass and graphite.
If the blank is gloss black from the tip to the butt ,it's made out of fiberglass only.

Question answered!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster