I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NW Rodbuilder's get together
Posted by: Jeff Hunter (---.direcpc.com)
Date: April 09, 2005 10:34PM

I just got home from the get-together down in Woodland at the Lamiglas plant. It was an incredible opportunity for those of us who haven't been able to make it to the "big show". I finally got to meet several of the gentleman who's work I have been admiring, as well as getting to see some that I already knew. Ralph O'Quinn did a very informative presentation on finish application. I picked up a tremendous amount of info on weaving from Kerry Hanson. It was great to see Bill, Karry and Josh again from Batson. I finally got to put faces with names for Andy Snedden and Emory Harry. Joe Kassuba was very gracious and I enjoyed visiting with him. While I learned a lot from most of the presentations, the time spent networking with everyone during the breaks was probably more beneficial than the formal demonstrations. There are several others who gave their time and knowldege go make this weekend a success.

I was also able to participate in the Build Your Own Blank program that Todd Vivian from Lamiglas set up. It was nice to see what all goes into the making of a blank. I can't say enough about Todd and his efforts in making this weekend happen. It says a lot about this industry that Todd invited two competitors, Batson Enterprises and Pacific Bay, to come to the Lamiglas facility and showcase their products. The respect that all of the company representatives showed for each other was something not normally seen in business.

Unfortunately I'm not able to attend on the last day. However I'm sure it will be as good as the rest was. Again, kudos to Todd for the tremendous time and effort that he put forth for this. I'd hate to know just exactly how much production he lost on Thursday and Friday while he and Tony and Randy shepherded us through the blank building process. If you have the chance to attend this event next year, I would highly recommend it.

Jeff Hunter

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NW Rodbuilder's get together
Posted by: Mike Wong (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: April 10, 2005 01:21AM

I agree with Jeff. I was in Woodland WA today too and I enjoyed the program very much. I liked the demonstrations, but enjoyed the opportunity to talk to many knowledgeable people just as much. I didnt get a chance to participate in the Build Your Own Blank program but if there is an opportunity to do so next year I will certainly like to give it a try.

It says a lot that Lamiglas allowed us to use their facility AND invited competitors into their facility to show their products. I was only able to attend today but will surely try to attend all of the sessions next year. It was a very informative and enjoyable way to spend the day. A special thanks to Todd Vivien of Lamiglas for the hard work in setting this up.

Mike Wong

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: April 10, 2005 09:04AM

These informal gatherings which are not associated with any clubs or organizations and that do not require that you join anything are able to draw in a wider variety of talent and attendees than they otherwise would. This is why they are the future of regional type custom rod building events. Expect to see more of them around the country next year.

Posted by: Steve Satterfield (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 10, 2005 08:31PM

I was there all three days well Sunday I had to put a starter in my truck and got back around noon.
I took Frank Rodrigues fishing Friday for spring salmon and got one 17 lbs . I'm looking forward to next year.
Steve

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster