I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rodcrafting.com
Posted by: Jay Lancaster (12.174.138.---)
Date: March 31, 2005 11:06PM

I just visited the rodcrafting.com site for the first time (don't know how I've missed that link for so long) and I can't figure out how to register. I've hit every hyperlink on that page and not one has had anything to do with registering. You have plent of opportunities to log in, but it seems no opportunity to register.

I'm sure I over looked something way obvious...someone help me out?

Jay

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rodcrafting.com
Posted by: Art Parramoure (---.252.147.45.Dial1.Chicago1.Level3.net)
Date: April 01, 2005 05:11AM

I just tried to get logged in, but there is no space that I can find to register??? How did all the guys that I know that are on this board be on that board without registering, including Tom K. ??? Somebody out there help us !?!?!?!?!?!?

Art
mrparramoure@yahoo.com

AKA: Fred Halfheimers, Norman Nesico, George Orwell

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: April 01, 2005 08:32AM

Both that site and this one have been under attack by someone who wishes to see them closed down. I don't believe the rodcraft.com folks have any means of supervising or monitoring their site on a daily basis and they may not be allowing any new registrations. You can email to beedlebud@graffiti.net for more information. I know that they went to required registrations about 3 or 4 months ago.

Posted by: Terry Turner (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: April 01, 2005 09:12AM

Care to elaborate, Tom?

Anything we can do to help?

Terry

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (12.174.138.---)
Date: April 01, 2005 10:38AM

Thanks Tom. I'm glad Art ran into the same problem I did. I thought I was going bonkers.

Jay

Posted by: Anonymous User (63.146.104.---)
Date: April 01, 2005 10:43AM

ok, what am i missing here? why would anyone want to close down a rodbuilding site? theres nothing political or religious etc etc that would set someone off, so whats the point? maybe just because?

Posted by: Bud Beedle (---.int.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 01, 2005 05:21PM

Yes we have had some pretty bad problems with a few. Our site is now mandatory registration. If you wish to register just send me by e-mail your desired user name, preferred password and e-mail address and I will register you from within the system. But please allow about 48 hours in order for me to get you registered.

It is a shame that these things happen but these are public forums. Plus the fact that the FREE exchange of rod building information is not desired by some.

Posted by: Donald Newenhouse (---.235.203.53.Dial1.Orlando1.Level3.net)
Date: April 01, 2005 09:50PM

Just my 2 cents.Boy I just don't know I would do without these forums.This is the best theraphy I can find and it's free.I would go absolutely bonkers if I clicked on and it was gone.My wife can't stand to be around me if the computer is down for a couple of days.I don't know what others think but,thoes people who create problems for the fourms would make good canidates for flocking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<<<DON>>>
<<<At HOBBYRODS>>>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster