I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Sponsor List
Posted by: Dan Martek (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 31, 2005 12:46AM

Hi my name is Dan and I've been trying to see the sponsor list on this site that everyone is talking about. I have tried the suggestions that some of the other members have made about configuring my Norton firewall settings and they did not help at all. I would really like to see this list as I may be able to do some business with some of the companies list but I dont know who they are. I would really appreciate any help that you may be able to offer. Thanks in advance.
DAN

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sponsor List
Posted by: James(Doc) Labanowski (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 31, 2005 01:01AM

Hi guys can you please put the info on the Norton firewall thing again. I tried to find it in the old board stuff but cant.

Thanks Doc

Posted by: Milton (Hank) Aldridge (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: March 31, 2005 01:37AM

Hi Doc,

Is this what you're looking for??

IF you run Norton and cannot see add list
Posted by: Dean Veltman (---.dsl.klmzmi.ameritech.net)
Date: March 12, 2005 02:42PM

I just got a new computer and lost the abibily to see the adds on this site (the only site I visit where I want to see them) becasue I am blocking add from other sites with Norton. SO here is how to get the list back here in case anyone else is having this problem too.

Open Norton internet security, turn on add blocking and then click configure

Then click advanced in the next window that opens up.

In the next window click on "add site" in the lower left hand corner and type in www.rodbuilding.org

Next, in the right side of the window click on the "Add..." button

In the next window select permit and type "ads." and click OK

Now the adds should show up on the site.

Maybe this is all common knowledge to the computer literate among us, but it took me a few attempts to get it set up right. Hope this helps someone.

Hank
On The Rocks Fishing
Wells, ME.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2005 01:40AM by Milton (Hank) Aldridge.

Posted by: James(Doc) Labanowski (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 31, 2005 01:54AM

Yes thank you Hank. I will give it a shot and see how it comes out. I am going to print it before I lose it again.

Posted by: Ken Cross (---.int.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 31, 2005 09:00AM

If you are running any sort of pop-up blocker you'll find that it can kill certain areas of many websites. Try turning your pop-up blocker off and then reload the page and I think you'll be able to see the list. It worked for me.

Posted by: Dan Martek (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 02, 2005 01:03AM

I finally figured it out. THANX ONE AND ALL FOR YOUR HELP! With my version of Personal Firewall by Norton I have top manually add this site to the permit list. If anyone else is having problems try this :
1) Open Personal Firewall
2) Click on AD Blocking
3) Click CONFIGURE
4) Click ADVANCED
5) A big dialog box with 2 white boxes should then pop up. Under the left hand box click on ADD SITE and type in WWW.RODBUILDING.ORG
6) Scroll down the list of sites till you get too rodbuilding .org than click on it.
7) This should open the right hand box. Click The ADD button ( the one that is under the right hand box) and type WWW.RODBUILDING.ORG in the dialog box. Finally click the PERMIT button and end with OK.
8) Click OK 2 more times and you are done!
This is what worked for me I hope that this info helps!

Once again I CANT THANK EVERYONE WHO TOOK THE TIME TO HELP ME OUT ENOUGH!

THANX ONE AND ALL and GOODLUCK and HAPPY TURNING

DAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster