I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Thanks Custom Tackle
Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: March 26, 2005 03:58PM

My order that I placed Thursday arrived this morning. The cork cutting jigs are great. I am very impressed with the Pac Bay fly rod reel seats that I bought. I have seen those seats on some high end fly rods but did not know who sold them. I have two new Echo reels and fitted to the PB seats there is absolutely no wobble. Thanks for the good service.
Cheers, Ellis

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thanks Custom Tackle
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: March 27, 2005 01:00AM

Ellis,

How do you like those Echo reels? I got an Echo 7'6" 4pc 3 weight for christmas and I LOVE it (except the screw in wood butt cap on the reel seat). Superbly delicate and amazingly powerful at the same time. Loads perfectly with a 3 wt line at any distance.

From their rep at the Denver fly fishing show I heard that they will be selling blanks for their rods in the next year or so... should be very cool, and I can put a better seat on this sweet blank!

Mark

Re: Thanks Custom Tackle
Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: March 27, 2005 01:15PM

Hi Mark,
For the price, I don't think you will find a better reel. Granted, I have not caught any fish big enough to strip line. I bought the two sizes they sell, one for salt and one for fresh water. The biggest fish that I have caught on one is the bass that I posted in the photo section in the miscellaneous section. I have not test casted the rods yet. I have been trying to get with the rep to help me with my casting but I have missed him everytime he is in town. The owner of the shop where I got my reels told me that the rep took one of the rods and shot the whole line to demo his rods. The reels are made in Denmark and the company also sells their own fly line for about $20 dollars. Yes, it would be great if they sold their blanks. In closing, for trout or bass fishing, I think the Echo reels are a bargin. I have not caught a redfish or jack to make any judgements for saltwater use.
Cheers, Ellis

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster