I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Old site
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.tnt1.broken-hill.au.da.uu.net)
Date: March 24, 2005 11:56PM

Hi Tom and others,

I realise the photo page is new and that it may take a little time to reach the proportions of the last one. I am willing to give it a go and reserve my judgement. Can you tell me what became of the old photo's and is there anyway we can still access the older photo's from that site. I used to look back through some of the older posts to check patterns/colors and workmanship I particularly liked. As a resource tool and referrence point I would hate to see the older photo's just disappear into the computer world black void. I am probably showing my computer ignorance or I may have missed something. If that is the case I apologise for wasting your time.

Regards

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old site
Posted by: Gerry Rhoades (---.vnet-inc.com)
Date: March 25, 2005 12:25AM

Here's the URL

[www.fishingphotos.net]

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.a.004.brs.iprimus.net.au)
Date: March 25, 2005 02:16AM

Mark, you have to pull up each photo's save them to disk and repost on the new site. But your better than me around a computer and you would already know that so I will stop typing. LOL.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.tnt1.broken-hill.au.da.uu.net)
Date: March 25, 2005 02:36AM

Thanks guys. Looks like I'm going to be a little busy for a while. Myles your way out in front of me with these things. They still baffle me at times. The great backyard workpiece is taking place "slowly". It would be good to have you and a few others around to help me "christen" it.

Mark
Outback

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.a.004.brs.iprimus.net.au)
Date: March 25, 2005 04:13AM

I was only thinking about that myself, looks like I will be building a besser block rod workshop soon myself. That's the biggest problem in Oz the distance between everything. Don't worry mate I will have a drink on the christening, and when us toads crush the cockroaches this year in the state of orgin. LOL.
Chat to you later mate.

Myles

Posted by: Tom Doyle (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: March 25, 2005 07:24AM

Mark: Any time you see a photo you especially like, whether on the old board, new board or wherever, you can (usually) save it to your hard drive so that you don't have to depend on that site again (for that photo). With your mouse, put the cursor anywhere on the photo, click the right-side button on the mouse, a window should pop up with a lot of options, including "Save As...". Click on that option and you will get another window that allows you (with a few moreclicks) to save that photo to a folder on your hard drive; you can change both the name of the photo and the folder to save it in, if you wish. That photo is now "yours" to view anytime, even offline, although you should respect any copyright restrictions. Try it, you'll like it!

Tom: Speaking of which (and if you're reading this) are the photos on the site proteted by copyright in any way? Is this an automatic thing, or do they enter the public domain, free to all?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2005 07:27AM by Tom Doyle.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 25, 2005 08:33AM

They belong to the site owner once you upload them to the site. There is a little copyright notice at the bottom of the page which details what you can and can't do with them.

I think everyone is going to find that the new photo site will quickly outshine the old one and it won't be long until an even larger database is on hand in the new one. Give it a couple or three weeks and I think you'll be amazed at how fast it has grown.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2005 08:58AM by Tom Kirkman.

Posted by: Tom McNamara (---.205.202.68.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2005 06:28PM

I have it on good authority the old photo site www.fishingphotos.net will remain so all the images uploaded to it will remain for others to enjoy & be inspired from for years to come.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: March 25, 2005 08:36PM

When you right-click and save a picture, make sure that it is the large picture or you will be saving the smaller "thumbnail" size

Mike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster