I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

About Mike Barkley
Posted by: Milton (Hank) Aldridge (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: March 24, 2005 07:47AM

Hi Gang,

Let me tell you what type of person Mike Barkley is. He's top shelf as far as I'm concerned. As some of you know I was unable to attend the Charlotte show do to health reasons. Mike compileds photos from the show and put them on CD and sent me a copy. This CD was not something thrown together but was a project that was time consuming. I realize he did not just make this CD just for me but and he didn't have to send a copy me but he did. It's nice to be able to put faces to the names of some of the good people here. Mike also included a CD containing 911 pictures and again it was a project that took some time to do. I'm not ashamed to say that the 911 CD brought a few tears to my eyes.

Mike I thanked you in the email I sent you but felt I owed you more than just an email.

Again thank you and God Bless

Hank
Wells, ME.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: About Mike Barkley
Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: March 24, 2005 08:39AM

I got the pleasure of rooming with Mike in Charlotte. He is a stand-up guy and we had a blast down there. He's sent me the same two CD's and they are well put together; Mike sure knows his way around a computer!

Did you ever get the antlers, Hank??

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Milton (Hank) Aldridge (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: March 24, 2005 08:56AM

Hi Putter,

Yes I did thank you - I sent you an email letting you know I received them ok. I guess you didn't get it. Either that or you got it and don't remember it - Have you been playing with the stun gun again? - LOL Again thanks - and sorry about the email. I would have post something nice about you too but everybody already knows you're a nice guy, a Prince amoung men, top shelf - I have to stop now, your wife said it took 3 days to get the swelling out of your head the last time you were praised. She said you had to walk sideways to get through the door. - LOL

Hank
On The Rocks Fishing
Wells, ME.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2005 09:02AM by Milton (Hank) Aldridge.

Date: March 24, 2005 09:21AM

The cat still looks at me funny...

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Gerry Rhoades (---.unifield.com)
Date: March 24, 2005 09:52AM

That's because the cat is afraid it's going to get marbled!

Posted by: James(Doc) Labanowski (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 24, 2005 11:35AM

I have only met Mike via email and feel like he is a neighbor next door for years. He is a wonderful giving and sharing person. He is also ex Navy so that makes him top shelf and a bit of a red, white and blueblood like me. He and that Putter guy make a real pair of human beings, along with quite a few of you other blokes. Thank you all for renewing my faith in humans.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.airservices.gov.au)
Date: March 24, 2005 05:46PM

The Beerman, what a great guy. What else can a bloke say that hasn't already been said above. Crikey Mike you ex-Navy as well.

Date: March 24, 2005 07:12PM

Beerman was a diver in that former life...

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: March 26, 2005 12:21AM

This is getting embarrasing!! Thanks, Guys

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster