I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Help the computer dinosaur
Posted by: James(Doc) Labanowski (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 23, 2005 08:21PM

On the photo site I login and it tells me I am successful but I cant rate or comment on the pictures. You all deserve 10's in my book but sometimes I like to drop a note too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help the computer dinosaur
Posted by: John Dow (---.60.169.74.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 23, 2005 08:31PM

Doc , if you log in then click on the pic you want , go all the way to the bottom of the page , that's where the comment section is , it worked for me . JD

Date: March 23, 2005 08:36PM

Tried John. I keep getting a message saying I am not allowed to post or edit. That that function has been taken from my user group.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 23, 2005 08:40PM

DOn't feel bad, I tried logging in, was told my account is not able to be Verified. And I'm not a dinosaur, loll

Posted by: Mick McComesky (---.nas3.saint-louis1.mo.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: March 23, 2005 09:08PM

Doc, I logged in fine and have made comments with no issues. It must be part of the growing pains with the new site. Just guessing here but maybe it's a user name thing? Other than that, I would have to say that the already overworked Tom K would be able to fix it.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.airservices.gov.au)
Date: March 23, 2005 09:12PM

Doc you should have been sent an email by the photo page, you need to click on the link to confirm your registration then you should be right.

Posted by: John Dow (---.60.169.74.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 23, 2005 09:25PM

Oh , I forgot to tell him that .......... I just registered myself today.......

Date: March 23, 2005 09:30PM

I did all that . I got the confirmation code entered it and was accepted. Then I logged in and it was successful but still cant make comments. Should I try registering again?

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: March 23, 2005 11:02PM

Hey Dinosaur,
Try shooting Tom a direct e-mail rodmaker@earthlink.net

Mike

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 24, 2005 09:04AM

Doc,

Do keep in mind that you have used a different name to register on this forum, and on the photo page. I suggested that people use the same name so they wouldn't have to remember different ones. You may be trying to log in under a name that is different than the one you registered with.

Billy,

You didn't use a first and last name to register under.

In almost every case, registration and log-in problems are because the user is trying to log in under a different name than what was used to register under. This is why I recommend using the first and last name that appears on your driver's license. That way, should you ever forget, you need only pull out your driver's license and your registration information will be right there on your license.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2005 09:18AM by Tom Kirkman.

Posted by: Harv Gorton (---.har.choiceone.net)
Date: March 24, 2005 01:31PM

Billy,

You should get a name tag for your shirt..with your password...just in case you can't remember what girl's place you left your wallet at :>}

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2005 01:34PM by Harv Gorton.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.san.res.rr.com)
Date: March 24, 2005 03:18PM

Doc, now that you have registered and responded to the email, when you first go to the photo page you have to login. There is a tab near the top of the page on the right side to do this. Once you open the tab it will ask you to enter the same information that you registered with

Date: March 24, 2005 07:06PM

I think I figured it out. I registered with my first name, then doc ski, then last name and I think it picked me out as all nick name. I re registered with first and last only and am having no probs now. Thanks everyone for trying to help the helpless.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.airservices.gov.au)
Date: March 24, 2005 08:50PM

Doc you haven't seen my weaves yet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster