I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

decals-alps printer
Posted by: jay bennett (---.defence.gov.au)
Date: March 20, 2005 04:22PM

I am going to purchase an Alps printer to make decals, unless some one convinces/recommends another method to achieve same results. My question relates to the difference between the MD 1000 and MD 5000 printers. Does the MD 1000 have the same resolution as the MD 5000 but with fewer features or does the 5000 have a much better picture quality. Has any one had much to do with these printers? I have tried looking for the specifications for these printers and have had no luck so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: decals-alps printer
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.airservices.gov.au)
Date: March 20, 2005 04:32PM

Hey Jay,
I have an MD1000 and cant fault the thing, I print at 1200x1200dpi and get real crisp lines. And 35 rods I will have the printer pay for itself.
Are you buying one of the new ones from Rob at Aust N Rail, if not give us an email an will give you his details.

Posted by: John Britt (---.9-67.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2005 06:27PM

Jay the MD 1000 will handle any decal chore most of us have. The 5000 allows you to print in all the same colors as the 1000 plus gold and silver foil. The 5000 also has an upgrade of a dye sub key something that for decals on rods is not worth the upgrade as the inks used will degrade. The 5000 also will hold more cartridges at the same time seven as apposed to four in the 1000
Try doing a Yahoo search for alps groups there are two one for the printer and one for decals
John

Posted by: jay bennett (---.defence.gov.au)
Date: March 20, 2005 06:48PM

Thanks guys for the info. Does the 1000 print the silver and gold foil as well? What is the dpi for the 5000.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: March 20, 2005 07:45PM

I have an MD 1000; not familiar with the 5000. The 1000 prints with gold, silver, blue, yellow, and red metallics. The blue is a medium blue and the red is in the middle of the spectrum, too. Haven't used yellow.

I am very happy with the printer; it's helped me out a lot in my rod building (and the ink pens, too!!).

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: John Britt (---.9-67.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2005 07:12AM

Putter the actual colors for the 1000 are CYMK Cyan, Yellow, Magenta and Black
The metallics are metallic Cyan , mettalic Magenta- Gold-Silver and( White non mettalic)
The 5000 also can print out Gold and Silver Foil along with holding up to three additional cartridges..
The colors are closer to what they realy are that is Cyan is not a dark blue and magenta is not really a dark red so if you print and inscription with mettalic Magenta it will look closer to purple then red.
The metallic magenta and cyan are no longer made at least for sale in the US, if youse them grab them while you can
John

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster