I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Titan solid titanium guides press release
Posted by: Joe Meehan (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 19, 2005 12:43PM

Hi All,

Just want to let everyone know the Titan guides have arrived in force. See our web site for the dealer nearest you. With this order and the one coming in two weeks we should have enough inventory to cover us for quite a while. We have already purchased enough titanium for the rest of the year.

This has been the most difficult project we have ever undertaken. We hope our efforts will help you all make the ultimate in high performance rods while keeping them affordable. While this was an arduous task we have already begun work on other exciting projects that will keep ATC on the cutting edge of rod components for years to come.

Here is a little info on the guides we recently did for a trade magazine.

American Tackle introduces their new Titan™ solid Titanium Frame Guides with NanoLite™ Rings – “Light, strong and corrosion proof are features of our new Titan™ guides with our exclusive NanoLite™ ceramic rings” We think the Titan™ guide series sets a new standard, one that every rod builder has been waiting for especially at these price points which are just above stainless steel.

The frame is made from the highest quality solid titanium alloy, specially manufactured for American Tackle Company to ensure lightness and extreme strength. The titanium frame is 100% corrosion proof in saltwater and has less than half the weight of stainless steel.

The all new NanoLite â„¢ rings are up to 45% stronger and 2 times harder than popular hardened ceramic rings on the market today. The Nanolite ring has a slightly lower hardness factor than that of SiC but will handle any of the fishing lines made today including stainless steel wire line in a recreational situation. The biggest attraction is that the material is much stronger than SiC which tends to chip and crack. This allows us to greatly reduce the size and surface of the ring. If you look closely the Nanolite ring surface is minute compared to SIC. SiC needs a much larger ring to insure enough strength. Our ring is so thin it minimizes surface contact and reduces the heat due to line friction. Conductivity is increased due to the reduction in the rings mass which also decreases weight dramatically. With line contact greatly reduced the diamond polished ring is slicker than SiC giving you longer line life and longer smoother casts.

We believe by fusing the NanoLiteâ„¢ high tech ceramic ring with the Titan titanium alloy frame we provide the ultimate in high performance.

You can get all the performance you need from this guide for a little more than stainless steel. What more could you ask for?

Warmest regards, Joe Meehan, ATC

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Titan solid titanium guides press release
Posted by: Erik Kunz (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: March 19, 2005 02:40PM

Joe...

Have you guys given any more thought to making some high frame surf spinning guides and larger tip tops suitable for surf rods?

I tell you, the surf fishermen that I build rods for love the Titanium guides... makes a huge difference in weight on an 11-foot rod and titanium is the perfect material to stand up to the punishment these rods endure.

The only problem is that on spinning rods I almost always have to use one or two stainless steel high frame guides in the butt section because nobody makes them high enough in titanium frames. I know it's expensive to make new guide designs... just wondering if you guys have considered this or not? With the price range of the Titans, I would think they would be an almost certain choice for quality surf plugging rods.

Thanks for another great product.

Erik

Posted by: Mark Janeck (---.ispnet.ca)
Date: March 19, 2005 04:00PM

I've already placed my order with Richards Rod and Reel, looking forward to putting these to the test. This project was originally going to use the Fuji T-ATSG single leg guides, but the specs and price of the Titans won out.

Thanks for your efforts, looking forward to the Carbon tubed handles.

Mark

Mark Janeck
Custom Rods, Campbellville, Ontario

Posted by: Joe Meehan (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 19, 2005 04:13PM

Hi Guys,

I'd love to be able to do a surf guide but it costs a fortune. I will not rule it out but it will be a while.

Thanks for the support Mark. The Matrix Vetre handles were supposed to ship yesterday so it shouldn't be long now.

Warmest regards, Joe Meehan, American Tackle Co.

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 19, 2005 04:53PM

Hi Joe...its good to hear the words "solid Titanium frames" from someone other than Fuji. Hope they go over well.

Obviously the surf guys are going to want a larger ring tip.......I once saw a guy in the northeast, so hard up for the right tip ring size, that he had a fisherman/machinist fabricate a tip out of solid titanium bar stock, that fit a #16 gold cermet ring! Greatest tip top I've ever seen and I beleive the final cost was estimated at $135 !!!!!

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an3.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: March 20, 2005 07:49AM

Hay Joe
Hot item!! I also fixed up the link on my site to go directly to those guides.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster