I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Photo Board
Posted by: Gerry Rhoades (---.vnet-inc.com)
Date: March 13, 2005 08:29PM

I think the Photo Board just went down. I went there to post a picture, looked at Putter's pens and that was the end of that. Can't get there now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Photo Board
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 13, 2005 08:31PM

I can't tell you what might be wrong. Please email to webmaster@fishingphotos.net

The new Rodbuilding.org photo page is scheduled to go up sometime next week. It will be very similar, but I think will offer some advantages over what's there now.

Posted by: Terry Hosford (---.htc.net)
Date: March 13, 2005 08:40PM

Just went to photo board working fine.

Terry

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 13, 2005 08:56PM

IT might have been the large sizzed photo's I just uploaded. 3 of them. If so, my bad.

Tom, I only hope we won't have to re-post our pics on teh new board?

Date: March 13, 2005 09:08PM

I'm afraid you will. I can't move the database over. Sorry.

We looked at several other photo galleries and various software. One looked pretty good, you could upload photos in batches of up to 10 at a time, but the darn thing was so hard to figure out how to use that we decided it would cause more confusion than anything else. We actually set it up and got some test users in there to fool around with it. But it got a thumbs down from all who tried it.

So, we went back to photopost and just have to set it up to more closely integrate with this site. You won't have to learn anything new but everyone who wants to post photos will have to register over again - a simple 30 second procedure. In the long run it'll be better and the photo database will grow back to a large size pretty quickly I expect.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: March 13, 2005 09:36PM

Will Mr. Anonymous still be there?

Putter

Date: March 13, 2005 09:52PM

Nobody will be able to be anonymous there. Registration will be the same as it is here on the forum, which will certainly make it easier to contact people who's work you may have questions about.

Posted by: Jim Rippe (---.252.202.248.Dial1.Chicago1.Level3.net)
Date: March 13, 2005 10:10PM

Randy, you beat me to the question. Mr. Anonymous must go. Sorry

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 12:26AM

Then I'll move my photos over and delete them off the old board and Mr. Anonymous can bug someone else for a while...

Putter

Posted by: Gerry Rhoades (---.unifield.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 01:42PM

Will there also be fewer dead fish photos? That gets boring real fast.

Posted by: Peter Merritt (---.dhcp-bl.indiana.edu)
Date: March 14, 2005 01:58PM

Gerry,

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Peter

Date: March 14, 2005 02:22PM

No fish. The occasional photo of fish caught on your custom rods is fine, but I don't intend to host a "fishing photo" site.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster