I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Norton Internet Security on XP Pro and this site, configuring.
Posted by: Lou Reyna (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: March 13, 2005 12:59PM

Steps that have been listed have been only a partial solution. Here's what I did to my instllation of Norton Internet Security to get it to display LH pane properly...

1) Click on Norton Internet Security icon ( the green globe)

2) Click on Ad Blocking

3) Click on Configure

4) Click on Advanced

5) Click on Add Site

6) enter www.rodbuilding.org (this enters site on LH pane of configuration window)

7) On LH pane of configuration window go down list until entry you just made (www.rodbuilding.org) us found, highlight entry by clicking on it

8) With entry still highlighted no go to RH pane and click on tab along top of RH pane labeled User Settings

9) Uncheck Use Address Blocking Settings under Pop-up ads header

10) Click OK twice, and "X" the last window to back out to desktop. Program will now allow popups on rodbuilding.org and you'll be able to view vendor listing.

Lou

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2005 01:00PM by Lou Reyna.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Norton Internet Security on XP Pro and this site, configuring.
Posted by: Charles Gaskill (---.bix.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 13, 2005 11:18PM

Lou ..... Will this work on windows xp home edition/

Thanks
Charles Gaskill

Posted by: Rob Grider (---.client.insightBB.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 03:49PM

This still didn't work for me but using the Home XP edition.

Posted by: Lou Reyna (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: March 14, 2005 04:12PM

Works with Norton Internet Security Professional 2004. I do not think it has anything to so with what version of windows xp that you are running. I'll go verify this on one of my other computers thats running XP Home edition.

Lou

Posted by: Dan Martek (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 15, 2005 12:08AM

will this work on norton personal firewall? ive been having problems viewing the list of sponsors that are supposed to be on the left margin of this site. i can only see 1-3 different sponsors. am i having the same problem as others or is this just my bad luck?

Date: March 16, 2005 12:50AM

hi lou its dan again. i tried what u suggested and i didnt work with the version of norton personal firewall that im running. any other suggestions? THANX

Posted by: Lou Reyna (---.153.191.134.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: March 31, 2005 03:38AM

The computers I use to log on are using Norton Internet Security. The steps I outlined here work for this version of Norton. Unfortunately I do not have all the versions available out there so I cannot step you through to get your version to work. Maybe someone else here who has their system working can help??

Lou

Date: April 08, 2005 11:12PM

Thanx Lou I finally figured it out. The difference between Norton Personal Firewall and Internet Security is That i had to open the last tab( the name escapes me right now) instead od user settings. I manually type the name of the site and click on the permit button. Finally clickin OK till Im out of Norton. THANX ONCE AGAIN for trying to help!
DAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster