I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

opinions on visuawrap??
Posted by: Anonymous User (63.146.104.---)
Date: March 09, 2005 09:17PM

anybody got any? good/bad/other? good deals on it? i have clemens book but need more i guess. thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: opinions on visuawrap??
Posted by: Anonymous User (63.146.104.---)
Date: March 09, 2005 09:18PM

not only can i not wrap i can't spell either. that is VISUALWRAP not visuawrap.

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.rb2.gh.centurytel.net)
Date: March 09, 2005 09:53PM

I don't have one, but from what I have heard you get better as you practise
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 09, 2005 10:58PM

It's a great program. I believe that once you own it you can not only design your own wraps right on your computer screen (and print out the instructions for what you've just designed) but you can go to the VisWrap site and download the instructions for many popular wrap patterns as well.

If you really enjoy doing decorative thread wraps, I can't imagine not having a copy of VisualWrap.

Posted by: Milton (Hank) Aldridge (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2005 11:10PM

Tom,

I'm I correct that VisualWrap is for doing wraps such as diamond type of wraps not weaves? If that makes sense.

Hank
On The Rocks Fishing
Wells, ME.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: March 10, 2005 01:13AM

Yeah, mostly closed wrap style butt wraps.

David is working on Visual Weave right now; he demonstrated it at Charlotte and thinks he'll have it perfected by summer. We'll be able to take a picture or drawing and set the dimensions of the weave and it'll give a left list for the weave. Can't wait for this one...

Putter

Posted by: Sean Endres (---.37.43.225.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 10, 2005 05:10AM

VisualWRAP is awesome!!!! You can watch an entire wrap wrapped right on your computer, one thread at a time. Also, punch in a few numbers, and it will give you your layout spacings, very accurate. Design your own patterns. Great program, worth every penny!!

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 10, 2005 05:20AM

If you're into closed decorative wraps I highly reccomend it. Just being able to get exact tapered offset spacing measurements in two seconds, is a feature I like best. I haven't designed any wraps yet, but have downloaded new designs that I've wrapped. There's also a feature that you can see a wrap grow, (fast or slow speed). Seeing it all happen before you wrap is a great learning tool.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 10, 2005 07:09AM

[www.visualwrap.com]

Here's a list of the patterns which have been uploaded to the site. PErsonally, I have another 30 which I'm keeping a secret until I wrap them - as I wrap them, I post them. I honestly don't know what I would do without VW, it just makes teh entire process so much easier and much more fun. Spacing, designing, color changing, watching a patterns form, added a few threads here & there - really can't be beat.

Posted by: Milton (Hank) Aldridge (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: March 10, 2005 02:13PM

Thanks guys - realy appreciate the info.

Hank
On The Rocks Fishing
Wells, ME.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster