I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Flames
Posted by: Jeff Leonard (---.mc.net)
Date: March 08, 2005 11:06AM

I recently had a request for a decorative butt design (I intentionally left out the term wrap) simulating flames, I think this is a Harley thing. Has anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks for Your Help!
Jeff Leonard

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Flames
Posted by: Noel Spann (12.39.180.---)
Date: March 08, 2005 11:41AM

Jeff,
You could marbelize some flames or find a flame pattern on the web and send it to Jimi at Decal Connection and have him make you some decals. I had him make me some flame decals before and they turned out great.
Hope this helps,
Noel

Posted by: Randy Stewart (---.q1.net)
Date: March 08, 2005 12:09PM

I did some flames marblizing. It was real easy. Just take some old blank pieces and play around a little. You will soon catch on. I have a picture at the link below.
[www.fishingphotos.net]

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 12:18PM

To marble with flames, just mix up some epoxy finish, pour it into one larger puddle and 2 or 3 smaller ones. Mix red in one small, yellow in another and orange (if you wish to) in the third small puddle. Put the clear epoxy in the area of the flames, add a band of red around the blank, then the yellow just above it. Drag from the red through the yellow out into the clear with a toothpick. The only drawback of this is that it's hard to get more than an inch or so of the flames. It just doesn't seem to drag out there much farther than an inch.

Putter

Posted by: Jim Kastorff (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 12:45PM

If you weave, you can do flames in a weave, I'll post a pic of the flames weave I did on three of my sons rods(tried to make each one a bit different)

Posted by: James(Doc) Labanowski (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 02:17PM

Hi Jeff, I will try to put a picture on the new photo page for you to see. I did mine like weaving too.

Posted by: Jim Rippe (---.158.129.43.Dial1.Chicago1.Level3.net)
Date: March 08, 2005 08:05PM

Here is a photo of my flames. For the instructions, just look at Putters post.
[www.fishingphotos.net]

Posted by: John Dow (---.snet.net)
Date: March 08, 2005 08:16PM

Here's a pic of my flames ....... same instructions as Jim , and Randy. fun stuff . JD

[www.fishingphotos.net]

Got Fish ?

Posted by: Jeff Leonard (---.mc.net)
Date: March 09, 2005 10:14AM

Thanks for all the help, great pics. My first notion was to try marblizing but after viewing the weaves I have to think about it, I guess it just comes down to the question of time.

Measure twice, wrap once.
Jeff Leonard

Posted by: russ heagle (---.evrtwa1.dsl-verizon.net)
Date: April 03, 2005 12:17AM

What do you use for coloring ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster